1. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужной форме. Устно переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. If I (to know) her well, I would have spoken to her. 2. If you not (to have) to work today, you would go to the stadium with your friends. 3. I wish he (to be) with us now. 4. If he not (to waste) so much time in class, he would have made better progress. 5. She looked as if she (to be) afraid of something. 6. If I (to know) English better, I would read some English books. 7. If he (to know) grammar better, he would make fewer mistakes. 8.If you (to take) the noon train, you would get there about four o’clock. 9. If we (to leave) right away, we could be there in an hour. 10. It is time we (to go) home.
2. Вставьте вместо пропусков правильное слово из данного списка, которое является синонимом указанному в скобках слову или словосочетанию:
approach; merely; tolerance; participate; issues; motivation; concept; skills; concentrate on; abandon;
1. The … of formal examinations dates back to ancient China. (idea) 2. Teaching a subject in a lively, interesting way increases a student’s …. to learn. (willingness) 3. Reading and writing are two of the …. which are considered to be most important in life (learnt abilities) 4. The Parent-Teacher Association meets monthly to discuss …. concerning the school (topics) 5. A very complex subject is best taught using a simple …. (method) 6. Many teachers want to … continual testing and concentrate more on teaching. (stop doing) 7. When reading a text, language learners need to …. the sentence structure and prepositions, as well as the vocabulary (pay attention to) 8. Miss Dean has so much …. that she can handle even the most difficult of the students. (patience) 9. If you want to …. in this game, you must listen to the instructions first. (take part) 10. Arithmetic is … the introduction to the advanced mathematics, but it must be learnt thoroughly. (just)
3. Вставьте правильный предлог в следующих словосочетаниях.
to be suitable … somebody/something; to participate … something
to concentrate … something; to be important … somebody/something;
to feed somebody … something; … detail; to be responsible … somebody/something;
all … all; to share something … somebody; … my own;
to be the key … something; alien …. somebody; to discuss something …. somebody;
4. Дайте дефиниции следующим глаголам письмeнно по-английски:
look after; look for; look forward to; look up; look through; look at, look like, look into
5. Вставьте правильные предлоги или наречия. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. If you are not sure how to spell a word, look it … in the dictionary. 2. Who’s going to look …… the dog while you’re on holiday? 3. I can’t wait for the camping trip, I’m really looking …… it. 4. Tracy has lost her keys. She’s been looking …. them all the morning. 5. When we were young, my grandmother used to look …. us at the weekends. 6. Excuse me. I’m looking …. Mount Street. Could you tell me where it is? 7. I don’t remember Lisa’s address. Let’s look it … in the phone book. 8. Ted has got a dentist’s appointment on Monday. But he isn’t looking … it at all.
6. Устно переведите следующие пары предложений и определите, какой частью речи являются выделенные слова:
1. a) A deaf child studies literature with his parents. b) Serious reasons changed his results in these studies. 2. a) Water can freeze and become solid. b) Iron is a solid. 3. a) These works of art belong to the famous painter. b) She works at school. 4. a) Heat brings about many changes in materials. b) Any material changes when it is heated. 5. a) They wanted to find the most gifted children. b) He was gifted by nature with great talent to write poetry.
7. Письменно переведите на русский язык предложения, обратите внимание на различное лексическое значение модальных глаголов.
1. Income tax would certainly be raised. 2. He used to be very strong in his youth. 3. The knife won’t cut! 4. Life is easier nowadays than it used to be centuries ago. 5. She was told that she need not take the trouble. 6. No one dared go to that place since. 7. Shall he wait for you? 8. He used to be able to speak Spanish, but he has forgotten it now. 9. Why should I be frightened? 10. Nick used to swim a lot before he got old. 11. Will you pass me the salt, please? 12. He would smoke a pipe before going to bed. 13. How dare he come here? 14. Must I do this task now? – No, you needn’t. You needn’t do this task now. 15. Won’t you take off your overcoat? 16. She shall regret about this, she shall! 17. I daren’t even think of it. 18. Mary should go on a diet. She should see a doctor about this problem.
8. Поставьте глагoлы в Past Perfect Tense или в Past Continuous Tense
1. When we (finish) dinner, Susan took the dishes away. 2. The tower clock chimed two o’clock while Aunt Polly (eat) her dinner. 4. As Mike (walk) the street, Mr. Brown went by. 5. I remembered Tom (bring) a box of chocolate for you. 6. The dog opened its mouth, just as if it (talk). 7. Peter told us he (buy) two new suits. 8. While the soldiers (march), the rain began to fall. 9. John said to me that he (ask) a friend to come for a chat. 10. I did not know Shakespeare (write) more than thirty plays. 11.The children (work) hard the whole morning yesterday.
9. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Петр закончил вторую главу книги и сейчас пишет третью. Он работает над книгой уже год. Я думаю, что к концу будущего года он ее закончит. 2. Почтальон принес письмо. Я жду это письмо уже несколько недель. 3. К приходу друзей я прочитал уже две главы. 4. Не входите в класс. Студенты сдают сейчас экзамены. 5. Я видел этот фильм. Он очень интересный. 6. Она уже давно разговаривает по телефону. 7. Завтра в это время профессор Иванов будет просматривать (look through) мой доклад (report). 8. Он вернулся домой, пообедал и стал читать газету. Он читал газету уже 20 минут к тому времени, когда позвонил его друг. 9. Завтра я буду писать сочинение (essay) по этой теме (on this subject). 10. Завтра в 10 часов утра мы будем писать сочинение на эту тему. 11. Завтра к двум часам дня мы напишем сочинение.
10. Вставьте вместо пропусков необходимый артикль.
1. …. Russia is one of …. largest states in …. world. 2. …. capital of … Russian Federation is …. Moscow. 3. We have … lot of new cities in … east and in … west, in … north and in … south of our …. country. 4. … Ob, … Lena, are in …. Siberia. 5. Have you got ….map of … world? 6. How many states are there in …. USA? 7. …. western part of this country is densely populated. 8. In … east …. Russian Federation is washed by … Pacific Ocean. 9. Is …. Italy in … north or in … south of …. Europe? 10. Asia is … large continent. 11. … Angara is …. Siberian river. 12. …. Tokyo is …. Capital of … Japan. 13. …. Indian Ocean in … south of Asia. 14. Glasgow is …large port.
11. Прочитайте следующие глаголы и существительные, определите способ словообразования. Поставьте ударение в двусложных словах. Переведите слова на русский язык.
to export – exports, to work – work, to play – a play, to import – imports, an increase – to increase, to present – a present, a contrast – to contrast, to contact – a contact, to walk – a walk, to comfort – a comfort
12. Измените прямую речь в косвенную, соблюдая правило согласования времён.
1. He asked me, “Do you study English?” 2. Nick’s friend asked him, “Did you go to England or did you stay at home last winter holidays?” 3. He said, “There are a lot of green trees in the South, aren’t there?” 4. He asked his sister, “Will Sophia go to Moscow for holidays or will she stay at home?” 5. The teacher said to the pupils, “Don’t write this sentence.” 6. I asked mу friend, “Why didn’t you come to my place as I asked you yesterday? 7. Mark said, “ I have to leave now because my parents need my help.” 8. Mother asked her son, “Where were you the whole evening, I’d like to know?” 9. Nick said, “Let’s go to the cinema, Mike.” 10. Mr. Brown said, “I thought my friend took part in the competition.”
ВТОРОЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №3
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте по-английски на вопросы, следующие за текстом.
A bank holiday is an official holiday when all banks and post offices are closed. Most factories, offices and shops are closed, too. The following days are bank holidays in Great Britain: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Day Bank Holiday, Spring Bank Holiday, August Bank Holiday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Most bank holidays are religious holidays. Now for most people they are simply days on which people eat, drink and make merry.
Christmas Day is the most popular of bank holidays. It is celebrated on December, 25. On this day many people go to churches, open Christmas presents, eat a Christmas dinner of roast turkey and Christmas pudding. Many people watch the Queen's Christmas broadcast on TV. This day is a traditional family reunion day and a special day for children.
Boxing Day is on December, 26. People usually gave «Christmas boxes», or gifts of money, to servants on this day. Today many people still give a Christmas gift to paperboys and girls.
New Year's Day is on January, l. It is not marked with any custom in Great Britain. Traditional New Year parties and dances are held on New Year's Eve. People see the old year out and the New Year in.
Good Friday is the Friday before Easter when the church marks the death of Christ. On this day people eat hot-cross buns - buns marked on top with a cross.
Easter Monday is the day after Easter Day. It is a traditional day for the start of the summer tourist season.
May Day Bank Holiday is the first Monday after the first of May (May Day). May Day which is not a bank holiday, is a celebration of the coming of spring. On May Day different outdoor events are held. Usually May Queen, the most beautiful girl of the celebration, is selected.
Spring Bank Holiday falls on the last Monday in May. August Bank Holiday is held on the last Monday in August.
1. What is a bank holiday?
2. How are bank holidays celebrated?
3. How is the most popular of all bank holidays marked?
4. What traditions are observed on December, 26?
5. What customs is New Year's Day marked with?
6. What is Good Friday?
7. When is the coming of spring celebrated?
8. What is May Day and May Day Bank holiday?
9. What days do spring Bank Holiday and August Bank Holiday fall on?