1. Вставьте вместо пропусков правильное слово из данного списка, которое является синонимом указанному в скобках слову или словосочетанию:
skills, participate; approach; issues; tolerance; abandon; merely; motivation; concept; concentrate on
1. The … of formal examinations dates back to ancient China. (idea) 2. Teaching a subject in a lively, interesting way increases a student’s …. to learn. (willingness) 3. A very complex subject is best taught using a simple …. (method) 4. Arithmetic is … the introduction to the advanced mathematics, but it must be learnt thoroughly. (just) 5. The Parent-Teacher Association meets monthly to discuss …. concerning the school (topics) 6. If you want to …. in this game, you must listen to the instructions first. (take part) 7. Many teachers want to … continual testing and concentrate more on teaching. (stop doing) 8. Miss Dean has so much …. that she can handle even the most difficult of the students. (patience) 9. When reading a text, language learners need to …. the sentence structure and prepositions, as well as the vocabulary (pay attention to) 10. Reading and writing are two of the …. which are considered to be most important in life (learnt abilities)
2. Заполните пропуски необходимыми по смыслу предлогами или наречиями. Обратите внимание на синонимы, данные в скобках.
1. Cooperation brings …. the best in people (reveals) 2. Heavy smoking brought … his death. (caused) 3. Mary managed to bring her father … to her point of view. (persuade somebody to change his opinion) 4. They brought him …. by slashing water on him. (made him regained consciousness) 5. It’s very hard to bring … a child. (raise)
3. Дайте дефиниции следующим глаголам письмeнно по-английски:
make; make fun, make fun of, make use of, make dinner, make way, make a bed, make a fuss of, make room
4. Вставьте правильный предлог.
alien …. somebody to discuss something …. somebody
to concentrate … something to be important … somebody/something
to feed somebody …. something ….. detail
to be responsible …. somebody/something all … all
to share something …. somebody …. my own
to be the key ….. something to be suitable … somebody/something
to participate … something
5. Измените прямую речь в косвенную, соблюдая правило согласования времён.
1. He said, “I didn’t know English well, because he didn’t study the language at school.” 2. He asks me, “Do you study English?” 3. Nick’s friend asked him, “Did you go to England or did you stay at home last winter holidays?” 4. He said, “There are a lot of green trees in the South, aren’t there?” 5. He asks me, “Do you think Bill will go to Paris for holidays or will he stay at home?” 6. The teacher said to the pupils, “Don’t write this sentence.” 7. I asked mу friend, “Why didn’t you come to my place as I asked you yesterday? 8. Mark said, “I have to leave now because my parents need my help.” 9. Mother asked her son, “Where were you the whole evening, I’d like to know?” 10. Nick said, “Let’s go to the cinema, Mike.”
6. Употребите сказуемое в следующих предложениях в форме Present Perfect Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. He has played football for more than a year. 2. She has taught English for ten years. 3. They have argued about that for more than two hours. 4. They have lived in Moscow since 1997. 5. We have used this textbook since January. 6. They have lived here since 1998. 7. The teacher has examined the students since 9 o’clock. 8. The child has cried for a long time. 10. He wrote that book last year. 11. She has read English books in the original for three years already.
7. Употребите глагол в скобках в нужном времени страдательного залога, соблюдая правило согласования времён.
1. He said, that hе (to be interested) in physics since his childhood. 2. The scientist said that the positive results (to be obtained) when a new device was installed. 3. They say the main properties (to be determined) when the experiment (to be finished). 4. Father said that all the necessary information (to be stored) in the computer now. 5. The teacher said that your report (to be published) by the beginning of the conference.
8. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в форме Present Indefinite, Past Indefinite или Past Perfect и устно переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. You look as if you (to be) ill. 2. If the weather (to be) warm, the children will go to the sea. 3. If you (to turn) out the light, we will be in the dark. 4. I wish he (to spend) more time on his English last year. 5. It is time we (to have) dinner. 6. If you (to study) hard, you will easily pass your exam. 7. If he (to know) grammar better, he would make fewer mistakes. 8. If we (to leave) right away, we could be there in an hour. 9. If he not (to waste) so much time in class, he would make better progress. 10. If I not (to have) to work today, I would go to the park with you. 11. If he (to know) French better, he would read some French books. 12. I wish he (to know) German and French well.
9. Письменно переведите на русский язык предложения, обратите внимание на различное лексическое значение модальных глаголов и их эквивалентов.
1. Shall I tell mother about it? 2. Need we do this task now? – No, you needn’t. 3. I would do everything to help you. 4. How dare she come here? 5. She would read Latin when she was twelve! 6. Will you open the window, please? 7. You should stop smoking. – But I will! 8. Michael shall regret about this! 9. Life is easier nowadays than it used to be centuries ago. 10. Our granny would sit for hours without saying a word after Grandfather’s death. 11. Would you make me some coffee, please? 12. This knife won’t cut! 13. Shall I read? 14. The children needn’t get up so early. 15. You should stop smoking. – But I will! 16. I used to be able to speak Chinese too, but I have forgotten it now. 17. Salary would certainly be raised. 18. My father used to swim a lot before he got old.
10. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Том вернулся домой, пообедал и стал писать письмо. Он писал его уже несколько минут к тому времени, когда позвонила его подруга. 2. Почтальон принес письмо. Я жду это письмо уже несколько недель. 3. К приходу друзей я перевёл уже две статьи. 4. Завтра я буду писать отчёт (report) по этому делу (on this subject). 5. Я ещё не видел этот фильм. 6. Они уже давно разговаривают по телефону. 7. Завтра в это время профессор Томсон будет просматривать (look through) мой доклад (report). 8. Механик отремонтировал вторую машину и сейчас ремонтирует третью. Он работает над этим уже три дня. Я думаю, что к концу недели он закончит ремонт. 9. Не входите в кабинет. Врач осматривает больного.10. Завтра в 9 часов утра вы будете играть в футбол. 11. Завтра к 11 часам мы уже сыграем в футбол.
11. Вставьте вместо пропусков необходимый артикль.
1. There are more water than land on our … planet. 2. … largest and … deepest ocean in … world is … Pacific, then comes … Atlantic. 3. …. Indian ocean is only … little smaller. 4. … smallest ocean is … Arctic. 4. … river is in … world is … Mississippi. 5. … largest sea is … Mediterranean, … deepest lake is … Lake Baikal. 6. Large masses of … land are called … continents. 7. They are … Europe and … Asia, … North and … South America, … Africa, … Australia and … Antarctica. 8. There are mountain chains in many parts of … world. 9. Some of them such as … Urals are old, others like … Caucasus are much younger. 10. … highest mountain chain, which is called … Himalayas, is situated in … Asia.
12. Прочитайте следующие глаголы и существительные, определите способ словообразования. Поставьте ударение в двусложных словах. Переведите слова на русский язык.
to export – exports, to work – work, to play – a play, to import – imports, an increase – to increase, to present – a present, a contrast – to contrast, to contact – a contact, to walk – a walk, to comfort – a comfort
ТРЕТИЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №3
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте по-английски на вопросы, следующие за текстом.
2. Переведите устно текст контрольной работы № 3 на русский язык. Перескажите текст по-английски.
How well are teens taking care of themselves? What young people are facing is their own minefield of health risks: an overwhelming array of behavioral and lifestyle choices and pressures from what to eat to whether or not to smoke or use illegal drugs. What they decide now could affect their health for a lifetime.
For many teenagers a great problem is to control their weight, many of them are keeping to a diet in an early age. More than half of all teen girls say they are or should be on a diet- incessantly battling the 40 pounds they naturally gain as they grow between the ages of 8 and 14. About 3 percent take it to the extreme, spiraling into bulimia or anorexia. There are no precise numbers, but researchers say eating disorders appear to be on the rise and are affecting children as young as 8. The health effects include osteoporosis, organ failure-even death.
Experts are increasingly worried about obesity, too. Today a record one in five teens is overweight, putting them at increased risk for heart disease, the nation’s No.1 killer. Given the hurried-up, tech-driven lives they lead, adolescents aren’t exactly well rested. They should get at least nine hours of sleep every night, but only about 15 percent do. And a full quarter get less than six, says Dr. Mary Carskadon of Brown University.
The world is facing a drugs crisis. There is some preliminary good news here. Drinking, some drug use and cigarette smoking either held fairly steady or declined slightly last year after climbing in the early-to-mid-1990s according to the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research. Many teens are getting the message and deciding it’s cool to stay clean. But still, there are more than 3,000 new young cigarette smokers every day in the country. One third of high school seniors have used marijuana and about the same number now qualify as binge drinkers, consuming five or more drinks in a row over the course of two weeks. About one in 20 high scholars has used the club-drug ecstasy, and heroin use has doubled since 1991.
Eating disorders, sleep problems and substance abuse can all be critical clues to mental turmoil. Anxiety disorders are the most pervasive psychiatric problems in teens: 13 percent of children between 9 and 17 suffer social phobia. The big concern is suicide, which is highly associated with depression. Every year, one in 13 high-school students attempts suicide – girls try to kill themselves more often than boys, but boys succeed far more frequently. “An amazing number of kids are either thinking about suicide or making suicide attempts or even dying”, says Dr. David Shaffer, a child psychiatrist at Columbia University. Shaffer is hopeful that a decline in teen suicide over the last few years will continue downward, but the rate is still staggering – three times higher among males in the 1990s than it was in the early 1960s.
In the end, teens should and will make their own choices. But they’re more likely to make the best ones if adults in their lives do the right thing- communicate, pay attention and set a good example themselves.
1. Why do some teen girls suffer from bulimia and anorexia?
2. Why do many teens become obese?
3. What kind of sleep problems do they have?
4. Are most Russian teenagers mentally healthy?
5. Who should help teens make the right choice?