Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
1. Read and translate the text given below:
Citizens of Russia have the right to education which is guaranteed by the Constitution and nowadays more and more children are trying to get higher education. After finishing secondary school, lyceum or gymnasium one can go to a university. Entry to higher education is quite competitive. Some departments( philologist, foreign languages-especially English, law, journalism ) have dozens of applicants for one prospective student's position. Several years ago a child had to go through oral or written entrance exams to enter a university, that was very tiring and stressful, but nowadays good results of the GCSE are enough to become a student.
In June I passed my GCSE and then entered the Institute. Now I’m a first-year student of Volgodonsk Engineering Technical Institute that is a branch of National Nuclear Research University Moscow Engineering Physics Institute.
NNRU is situated in the city of Moscow, it is one of the first national research universities in Russia. Though it was founded only in 2009, the history of MEPhI dates back to 1942. Originally, the Institute was founded to educate specialists in military and nuclear fields, but now it’s one of the biggest and most-respected institutes in the Russian Federation. The University has close ties with the Federal Agency for Atomic Energy of Russia and the International Atomic Energy Agency. MEPI serves as a platform for all kinds of events in the world of science. There are several branches of NNRU all over the country and one of them is situated in Volgodonsk.
VETI is the youngest institute in Volgodonsk, in 2010 it opened its doors to the first students. There are 3 departments: Atomic Energy Department, Engineering and Construction Department, Part-time and Correspondence Education. These departments offer students an opportunity to gain knowledge in different spheres of science: technology and equipment of welding process, technology of energy machine building, nuclear power stations, boiler and reactor building and many other specializations that are really vital in our town. The faculty of our institute has seventy-four PhDs, fourteen teachers have Doctor’s degree, so we can be sure that they provide us with essential profound knowledge that we will use in our future career.
The Institute occupies a huge four-stored building just in the centre of the so-called “old town”. Students have access to the library to get prepared for the lessons. In autumn a canteen opened its doors to students and teachers. It is very convenient to have full hot meal in between classes, not just quick snacks.
On the first floor there are numerous laboratories which we can use for our first research works. There is also a spacious assembly hall in the Institute. Here we have our meetings, performances and dances. All in all, our institute is very well-equipped though some teachers say that there could be more effective visual aids and better computers.
After classes we don’t usually go home right away. We have a variety of out-of-class activities. Our social and cultural life is well-planned. Students can take part in different sport competitions or singing and drama societies.
Although the Institute is very young, it is already famous for its high-quality education and strict discipline that is why employees of different industrial enterprises of the Rostov region are ready to welcome our graduates.
2. Give Russian equivalents:
Guaranteed by the Constitution, GCSE, a first-year student, a branch, NNRU, to gain knowledge, nuclear power stations PhD, so-called, four-stored building, a snack, spacious, to welcome, graduates.
3. Translate into English:
Первокурсник, сдать экзамен, филиал, факультет, необходимый, очно-заочное и заочное обучение, кандидат наук, обеспечивать знаниями, профессорско-преподавательский состав, четырехэтажное здание, актовый зал, внеаудиторные мероприятия.
4. Answer the questions:
1) Where is VETI situated?
2) When was it founded?
3) What conveniences for students does it have?
4) How many departments are there in Volgodonsk institute?
5) What specializations can the institute provide students with?
6) How can you describe the faculty of the institute?
7) What do teachers think about the conditions of the institute?
8) Where can students work after the graduation from the institute?
5. Tell whether these statements are right or wrong:
1) MEPhI is a branch of Volgodonsk Institute.
2) Originally, the MEPhI was founded to educate specialists in military and nuclear fields.
3) VETI is one of the oldest institutes in Volgodonsk.
4) There are four departments in the Institute.
5) The faculty of the institute consists of fourteen PhDs, seventy-two teachers have Doctor’s degree.
6) Most out-of-classes activities are held in the assembly hall.
7) Heads of different enterprises are not glad to see institute graduates at their plants.
6. Translate into English:
1) Обучение на факультете очно-заочного и заочного обучения дает студентам возможность совмещать работу и учебу.
2) Степень кандидата наук является обязательной для работы в зарубежных университетах.
3) Обычно выпускники помогают первокурсникам адаптироваться к учебе в институте.
4) Студенты сдают экзамены два раза в году.
5) Наш институт гордится своим квалифицированным профессорско-преподавательским составом.
|<== предыдущая лекция|||||следующая лекция ==>|
||||EDUCATION IN THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION. MY INSTITUTE|
Дата добавления: 2017-01-14; Просмотров: 14; Нарушение авторских прав?;
Нам важно ваше мнение! Был ли полезен опубликованный материал? Да | Нет
ПОИСК ПО САЙТУ: