Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Ex.3. Prove the necessity and the importance of the Human Resources department for a company
Ex.2. Complete the sentences by putting the verb in brackets into the correct tense.
Ex.1. Choose the correct variant.
1. We are not working/we don’t work on Saturdays.
2. I am working/work in London this month.
3. Does he work/is he working on any special project at the moment?
4. How often are you visiting/do you visit stock exchange?
5. Our company sometimes employs/is employing foreign consultants.
6. Do you like/are you liking your team?
7. Which hotel are you staying/do you stay in whenever you come to Birmingham?
8. What sort of work does he do/is he doing? He works for MacDonalds.
9. Cars are becoming/become more and more expensive.
10. This badge shows/is showing your name, the company name and your job title.
11. He is having/has a highly paid job in the oil business.
12. Our phone doesn’t work/isn’t working at the moment.
13. He likes/is liking his job.
14. At the moment we discuss/are discussing a specific current project.
1. He _____ some money at the moment until he starts university. (earn)
2. The shop ____ normally ____ open this late, but we are working different hours up to Christmas. (stay/not)
3. The man who makes no mistakes ____ usually _____ anything. (make/not)
4. The UK ____ more popular as a location for international business . (become)
5. The plane from New York ____ the airport. (circle)
6. I _____ about why he said such things. (think)
7. The currency rates always ______ so I advise you to wait until the value of the Euro goes up. (fluctuate)
8. Why _____ he _____ at this blank sheet of paper? (stare)
9. I ______ that we should do it ourselves. (agree)
10. I _____ in Kyiv at the moment but I am afraid I will have to leave soon. (live)
11. It _____ him $50 to buy food. (cost)
12. I always ______ the same point of view with my boss. (share)
13. All I need from you is good advice. I _____ you to help me financially. (expect/not)
14. Our company ______ several subsidiaries in Europe and _____ another one in London. (have, set up).
Speech and Discussion
Ex.1. Explain why work plays a major part in most people’s lives.
Ex.2. Can you think of any jobs that you would particularly hate to do? Why?
Ex.4. Would you take a job you didn't like in order to get experience you need? Why? What would be your ideal job?
Ex.5. Some people believe that you should work hard today to prepare for the future, while others believe in the philosophy that “tomorrow never comes”, so you should enjoy life to the fullest today. Discuss the advantages of each of these philosophies. Then indicate which one you believe in and why.
Ex.6. Familiarize yourself with the following idioms. Consult your dictionary and translate the sentences into Ukrainian. Think of situations where you could use them:
1. The boss gave us the green light to go ahead with the project.
2. It’s no good complaining to the post office about the telephone engineer. They will only white-wash him.
3. I got some black looks from the shopkeeper when I cancelled my order.
4. Have you seen a ghost? Your face is as white as a sheet.
5. When he lost his temper, he showed himself in his true colours.
Ex.5. Comment on the following:
“A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn’t will find an excuse.”
Дата добавления: 2014-12-29; Просмотров: 811; Нарушение авторских прав?;