1. Переведите на русский язык
To offer access to something, to take classes online, to collaborate with one’s peers, a viable option, on a minor scale, extracurricular activities, learning opportunities, virtual universities, long distance learning, to become socially isolated, to take dominant role, educational system.
2. Соотнесите слова с их значениями.
1. to commute a) the price or payment for the instruction
2. peer b) a way things are arranged so that the public can reach, use,
enter, approach something
3. tuition c) most noticeable or important
4. extracurricular activities d) to travel a long distance every day to get to work (to school)
5. to afford e) to make or become smaller in amount
6. access to something f) a formal word meaning someone who has the same
background or position in society as you
7. dominant g) something necessary or useful for doing one’s job
8. to lower h) to be present at, go to
9. to attend i) be able to buy or pay for without serious loss
10. tool j) activities (such as sports, music, etc) not included in the
curriculum in school or college
3. Измените прямую речь в косвенную, соблюдая правило согласования времён.
1. My sister said to me, “Turn off the TV-set.” 2. Grandfather said, “I will be taken to hospital on Monday.” 3. My brother said, “My friend does not want to study French at all.” 4. Ben said, “I was calling you the whole evening.” 5. Andrew said, “I thought my friend would to the football match.” 6. Ann said, “I have to leave now because my mother needs my help.” 7. Mike said, “Let’s go to the stadium, Nick.” 8. He asked me, “Where will George go for holidays?” 9. He said to me, “Pete will enter the University when he leaves school.” 10. He said, “There are a lot of green trees in the South, aren’t there?” 11. Fred asked me, “What subjects were taught at your school?”
4. Вставьте подходящие по смыслу слова в предложения и переведите их.
tool, chatroom, to communicate, according to, educational, to lower, dominant, access, tuition, to afford.
1. My ex-husband has … to the children at weekends. 2. The king was just the … of the military government. 3. Students` grants cover their … fees. 4. We will be paid … to the amount of work we do. 5. Blue is the … colour in his later paintings. 6. Deaf people use sign language to … . 7. Thanks to the success of the business, we can … a holiday this year. 8. Jerry was visiting schools and other … establishments in the area. 9. Only two hours later they realized that they were writing to each other in the same … . 10. They … the price from 15 dollars to 10.
5. Употребите глагол в скобках в нужном времени страдательного залога, соблюдая правило согласования времён.
1. 1. He said that his son (to be interested) in physics since his childhood. 2 Fred asked me what language (to be taught) at school. 3. They say the main properties (to be determined) when the experiment (to be finished). 4. Father said that all the necessary information (to be stored) in the computer now. 5. The teacher said that your report (to be published) by the beginning of the conference. 6. The professor said that the positive results (to be obtained) when a new device was installed. 7. He wondered if a lot of fruit trees (to be grown) in our garden. 8. He asked me if I (to be informed) Ben (to be sent) for New York. 9. George explained that his mother (to be taken) to hospital. 10. I asked my friend why he (not to be shown) to the doctor.
6. Поставьте глаголы в Past Perfect Tense или в Past Continuous Tense
1. When we (finish) dinner, Susan took the dishes away. 2. The tower clock chimed two o’clock while Aunt Polly (eat) her dinner. 4. As Mike (walk) the street, Mr. Brown went by. 5. I remembered Tom (bring) a box of chocolate for you. 6. The dog opened its mouth, just as if it (talk). 7. Peter told us he (buy) two new suits. 8. While the soldiers (march), the rain began to fall. 9. John said to me that he (ask) a friend to come for a chat. 10. I did not know Shakespeare (write) more than thirty plays. 11.The children (work) hard yesterday morning.
7. Вставьте правильные предлоги или наречия. Переведите устно предложения на русский язык.
1. If you are not sure how to spell a word, look it … in the dictionary. 2. Who’s going to look …… the dog while you’re on holiday? 3. I can’t wait for the camping trip, I’m really looking …… it. 4. Tracy has lost her keys. She’s been looking …. them all the morning. 5. When we were young, my grandmother used to look …. us at the weekends. 6. Excuse me. I’m looking …. Mount Street. Could you tell me where it is? 7. I don’t remember Lisa’s address. Let’s look it … in the phone book. 8. Ted has got a dentist’s appointment on Monday. But he isn’t looking … it at all.
8. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужной форме. Устно переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. If the weather (to be) warm, we will go to the park. 2. If you (to learn) how to swim, you will go with us to the beach on Sundays. 3. You look as if you (to be) ill. 4. If I (to know) English better, I would read some English books. 5. I wish he (to know) English and French well. 6. It is time we (to have) dinner. 7. I wish he (to have) more time to prepare for the examination last year. 8. If I (to know) her well, I would have spoken to her. 9. If I not (to have) to work today, I would go to the country. 10. I wish he (to be) with us now. 11. If he not (to waste) so much time in class, he would have made better progress. 12. The girl looked as if she (to be) afraid of something. 13. I wish I (to be) young. 14. It is time we (to go) home.
9. Письменно переведите на русский язык предложения, обратите внимание на различное лексическое значение модальных глаголов.
1. Shall I show you how to do it? 2. Would you give me a glass of water, please? 3. My mother used to dance well when she was young. 4. Our granny would sit for hours without saying a word after Grandfather’s death. 5. Will you open the window, please? 6. You should stop smoking. – But I will! 7. She shall regret about this! 8. Nobody dare even think of it since. 9. The door won’t open! 10. Need we translate this text now? – No, you needn’t. 11. He used to be able to speak Japanese, but he has forgotten it now. 12. How dare he come here? 13. Income tax would certainly be raised. 14. People’s life is easier nowadays than it used to be centuries ago. 15. Shall I read? 16. You needn’t type these letters! 17. He would do everything for me.
10. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Завтра в это время профессор Блейк будет просматривать (look through) мой доклад (report). 2. Почтальон принес письмо. Я жду это письмо уже несколько недель. 3. К приходу друзей я прочитал уже две главы. 4. Не входите в класс. Студенты сдают сейчас экзамены. 5. Завтра к двум часам дня мы напишем сочинение.6. Она уже давно разговаривает по телефону. 7. Петр закончил вторую главу книги и сейчас пишет третью. Он работает над книгой уже год. Я думаю, что к концу будущего года он ее закончит. 8. Он вернулся домой, пообедал и стал читать газету. Он читал газету уже 20 минут к тому времени, когда позвонил его друг. 9. Завтра я буду писать сочинение (essay) по этой теме (on this subject). 10. Завтра в 10 часов утра мы будем писать сочинение на эту тему. 11. Я видел этот фильм. Он очень интересный.
11. Вставьте вместо пропусков необходимый артикль.
1. Is …. Spain in … north or in … south of …. Europe? 2. …. capital of … Russian Federation is …. Moscow. 3. We have … lot of new cities in … east and in … west, in … north and in … south of our …. country. 4. … Ob, … Lena, are in …. Siberia. 5. Look at ….map of … world. 6. Do you know many states there are in …. USA? 7. …. western part of this country is densely populated. 8. In … north …. Russian Federation is washed by … Arctic Ocean. 9. ….China is one of …. largest states in …. world. 10. Africa is … large continent. 11. … Volga is …. European river. 12. …. Tokyo is …. capital of … Japan. 13. …. Indian Ocean in … south of Asia. 14. Glasgow is …large port.
12. Прочитайте следующие глаголы и существительные, определите способ словообразования. Поставьте ударение в двусложных словах. Переведите слова на русский язык.
to import – imports, to play – a play, to export – exports, an increase – to increase, to contact – a contact, to walk – a walk, to comfort – a comfort, to need – a need, a contrast – to contrast, to present – a present
ПЯТЫЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №3
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте по-английски на вопросы, следующие за текстом.