Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
A) Match the words on the left with the expressions on the right
Practise saying the words:
b) international words:
Pre-reading task: Skim the text and make its plan.
1. Personnel refers to all the people who work for a firm(company). Most large companies have special personnel departments which are responsible for employer-employee relations. The personnel department deals with recruiting (that is finding new workers or managers for the company), choosing the best applicants for the position, and developing personnel policies forthe company.
2. Most businesses need to recruit good personnel to replace
3. Most recruiting involves a job announcement containing a description of the job. The personnel department produces a formal job description. First comes the title of the position, for example, Senior Design Engineer or Vice President in Charge of Finance. Then the duties and responsibilities of the job are given and the position in the organizational chart(plan). Next appear the qualifications for the job, such as the professional training or skills needed. The salary andfringe benefits (extra benefits) paid for by the company should also be mentioned.
4. People who want to apply forthe job send a letter of application and curriculum vitae containing details of their education and experience. The HR Department evaluates the applications and invites the best qualified applicants to an interview. In the interview, the applicant’s personality and ability to work with others may be judged.
b. What are the functions of the Personnel Department?
c. What methods of recruitment are mentioned in the text?
d. What is the plan of a job advertisement?
e. What are the steps of the recruitment procedure?
1.to promote a)paid sick leave, for example
2.vacancy b)job opening
3.to retire c)seeking new employees
4.recruitment d)to stop working after a certain age
5.fringe benefits e)to assign a more important job
6.to hire f) a person that you work for
7.promotion g) a person who applies for a job
8.employer h)to give employment to someone
9.applicant i) a movement to a more important job
b) Supply the missing forms of the words. Analyze the following sentences to determine the part of speech of the missing words and fill in the blanks with the correct form of the word.
1. authorize His new job has more............and responsibility.
2. applicantPeople who wish to........... for a job should fill out an............form.
3. appoint, employ The most suitable person is………..to the position and becomes an............of the company.
4. train When a firm has to employ people who have no special skills or experience, it must,............them to do the job. Workers who are learning a job are called...........
5. promote The personnel department is giving a special examination to see which of the current employees will be............to the new position.
6. qualification Are you............for this job?
Дата добавления: 2014-11-20; Просмотров: 2038; Нарушение авторских прав?;