Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Adverbs of frequency
14. Give the proper forms of the verbs in brackets; translate the text.
Jane (be) always busy with her job. She (get) to the office before 8.30. She (take off) her coat, (put on) her reading glasses and (sit down) at her desk. Then she (read) her mail and (fill out) the daily reports. If she (have) enough time, she (have) a cup of coffee.
At 9 o’clock the other workers (arrive). Some of them (be) too tired to smile. Sometimes Jane (be) too busy to talk, but she (say) hello to everyone.
At 9.30 she (go) into the boss’s office. She (give) him the daily reports. They always (talk) about them for a few minutes. She (tell) the boss her plans for the day. Then she (go back) to her office and (make) phone calls. The company (do) business in England and Japan, so sometimes she (have) to call these countries.
At the end of the day she (pick up) the children at school. They (be) always happy to see her and she (be) always energetic enough to play with them at home. Jane (be) important to the people at the office and to the people at home, and she (do) a good job both places.
A: How often do you arrive at work on time?
B: I usually arrive at work on time.
15. Work with a partner. Use the adverbs of frequency to talk about your daily routine.
16. What do these English sayings mean to you? Are they similar to any in your own language? Which ones do you like best? Why? How many sayings about time can you think of in your own language?
1. Time and tide wait for no man.
17. Read the following text and express in your own words the main idea of the text.
It is Never Too Late to Be Punctual
People who are unpunctual fall into three categories. The first, and saddest comprises the hopelessly incompetent and inefficient who worry about being on time and never are. The second lot are, strange as it may seem, impatient people who cannot bear to be kept waiting, and who make sure they don’t arrive before the appointed time, thus guaranteeing that others must wait for them. If they are outmaneuvered and compelled to wait for someone, they are the first to express disapproval of the bad manners of the latecomers. Finally, there are the egoists determined to impose their own personality on others and to impress their sense of importance on them. An easy way to do this is to keep everyone waiting until the star makes an appearance.
18. Give personal information.
19. Work in pairs or small groups. Discuss the questions about your daily routine.
1. When do you usually get up on weekdays?
2. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
3. When do you have breakfast?
4. What kind of breakfast do you usually have?
5. Do you have tea or coffee for breakfast?
6. How do you get to university?
7. How long does itusually take you?
8. When do your classes start?
9. When do you have your lunch break?
10. How long does it last?
11. Where do you have lunch?
12. When is your working day over?
13. What do you like doing in the evenings?
14. When do you do your homework?
15. What time do you go to bed?
16. What do you like doing in your spare time?
17. What don’t you like doing at all?
18. Do you go out on Friday evenings? Where do you usually go out?
19. Do you like staying at home? What do you do then?
20. What do you do at weekends?
Дата добавления: 2014-12-27; Просмотров: 1346; Нарушение авторских прав?;