Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Exercise 7. Insert the article where necessary and comment on the difference
Exercise 6. Analyse the examples and revise the material.
Exercise 5. Translate the sentences into English.
Exercise 4. Fill in with an appropriate article.
1. My neighbour had ... accident on the way home from work. ... accident was covered in today’s news.
2. … question that he asked me was easy.
3. This is … piece of … puzzle. … piece fits into … top of … puzzle.
4. Did you find ... book you were looking for?
5. … jokecan be a good way to start … speech.
6. Do you know … name of … artist who painted this portrait?
7. When are you going to return ... money I gave you last week?
8. Look out! There's ... bee on your arm.
9. Don't forget to buy ... flowers on the way home.
10. I always wanted to be … astronaut but … ambition wore off.
11. Take your feet off ... table, please!
12. … used car costs much less than … new car.
13. They have forecast a lot of rain for the next few weeks. I need to buy ... umbrella.
14. In some things ... women are better than … men. In other things ... men are better than … women.
15. I feel ill. I think it was ... pizza I had for dinner.
16. I spilled … glass of wine on … table cloth and it stained … cloth.
17. … chairs were … luxury item in ancient times.
18. We needed … house to live in when we were in London.
19. I went into … room quietly and sat down opposite him without … word.
20. He is … person to deal with … customers’ complaints.
1. На прохання адвоката йому видали копію документа.
2. Дай мені, будь ласка, ручку. Мені потрібно підписати конверти, які він щойно приніс.
3. Купуючи цей килим ми попросили зробити нам знижку, оскільки помітили пляму у правому верхньому куті.
4. Я б хотіла жити у будинку за містом.
5. Машина готова. Можемо їхати.
6. Ми вчора пообідали в одному з ресторанів у центрі міста.
7. Як звати автора цього твору?
8. Науковці ще не завершили аналіз цього явища.
9. Їй подобається доглядати дітей. Тому вона і обрала собі роботу няні.
10. Ти візьмеш дітей з собою на прогулянку?
11. Початок детективу повинен бути інтригуючий.
12. Тобі сподобалася конференція, яка відбувалася у Дзеркальній залі? Так, це була дуже інформативна конференція.
13. Ти нарешті отримав візу, яку так довго чекав?
14. Проект, який Ви подали у своїй пропозиції, буде профінансований з нашого фонду.
15. Наша лабораторія планує закупити новий потужний мікроскоп.
I need a computer to send e-mail. (any)
Computers facilitate our life. (in general)
At last they have brought the computers we ordered. (several particular)
The computer in my office is broken. (a particular one)
The computer was invented in the 20th Century. (a type of things, the class, not a particular computer)
The telescope is an astronomical instrument. (the class, not a particular item)
The telescope was invented by Galileo. (Not the only telescope or specific telescope, but the notion representing the class of telescopes.)
A telescope is an astronomical instrument. (One / any telescope)
The telescope that I bought is very small. (Specific telescope)
The telescopes that I bought were not very expensive. (Specific telescopes)
Telescopes are very expensive. (Any telescopes)
1. … boys like playing football.
2. Where are … boys? I have got a present for them.
3. Do you know … boy they are talking to?
4. I need … boy to carry this case.
1. Haven’t you seen … books I bought yesterday? I need them badly.
2. There is … book on the table. May I take it?
3. I know that she is fond of reading … books.
4. I have already bought … book which you advised me to read.
1. I'd been practising for months, but the day before … competition I was nervous.
2. They are holding … competition to find a name for the new project.
3. … competitions our team won last year were numerous.
4. I don’t enjoy … competitions of any kind. I am not a competitive person.
1. A caller contacted the police and gave … names of the men involved in the robbery.
2. Martin was our first choice as … name for the baby.
3. I've got a terrible memory for … names.
4. I can’t tell you … name of the restaurant we dined yesterday; honestly I don't remember it.
1. When we were in the Zoo we saw … cobra in the terrarium.
2. … cobras are recognized by the hoods that they flare when angry or disturbed.
3. … cobras we saw in the terrarium were really worth seeing.
4. In India, … cobra is worshipped by Hindus.
1. "… flowers look so real - I can't believe they're silk," she said, feeling the petals.
2. Lindsay wears very feminine clothes - pretty dresses with … flowers on and things like that.
3. That beautiful blue bowl was in the shape of … flower.
4. … flower now exists only in a small conservation area in Essex.
1. After you've finished painting … house you can start on the garage.
2. Most burglaries occur when … house or apartment is empty.
3. When … houses were put up in 1946, they really weren't meant to last more than ten years.
4. … wooden houses are relatively cheap to build.
1. Mary found it necessary to supplement her earnings by writing … articles for magazines.
2. Dr Martineau had written … article about advances in medicine over the last five years.
3. … article I’ve just read says that Meyers narrowly escaped arrest in Rome last month.
4. … articles I read yesterday are really worth attention.
1. My job was to mow the grass and keep … garden looking generally tidy.
2. She wanted to create … garden to complement her beautiful home.
3. It was my interest in … gardens that led me to study biology.
4. A small river cuts through the property with the house on one side and … gardens on the other.
1. In the hall was a magnificent vase, which was … gift from a Japanese businessman.
2. The government has banned public officials from accepting … gifts from foreigners.
3. … gifts they had brought were piled under the Christmas tree.
4. The ambassador opened … gift in front of all his guests - and the box was empty!
1. As the eldest in … family, she was expected to be an example to her younger brothers and sisters.
2. We take this opportunity to send our condolences to … families of those who lost their lives in this disaster.
3. Older brothers and sisters often take advantage of the younger children in … family.
4. … families on low incomes are eligible for state benefits.
1. I’m staying with Sally until my heating gets fixed – it’s just … temporary arrangement.
2. The travel agents messed up … arrangements and there was no room for us at the hotel.
3. I'm not a very person you need – maybe you should ask somebody else to make … arrangement you want.
4. I hate making … arrangements!
1. Luke was too modest to talk about … achievements he had in the past in the field of jurisprudence.
2. This conference in itself constitutes … solid achievement.
3. The Government Offices will be encouraging future bids aimed at raising levels of educational … achievement.
4. We celebrate … achievements; we share in the success of our colleagues.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-24; Просмотров: 391; Нарушение авторских прав?;