Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Use the words given in brackets in the correct form
Use the words to complete the sentences.
Use the words given in brackets in the correct form.
1) The blood in the arteries is (light) than that in the veins.
2) She is the (good) friend of mine.
3) Are you (young) than your sister? No, I am two years (old) than she is.
4) What part of the brain is developed (well) of all?
5) The (early) man resembled modern man very closely.
6) This text is the (difficult) of all.
7) Our metabolism is not normal, if our body gets (little) oxygen.
8) He speaks English (badly) than his brother.
9) The (good) calcium food is milk and its products, like cheese.
10) Cerebrum is …… ( large) and ….. (good) developed section of the brain in all animals.
11) The cerebrum of man - which controls reasoning, memory and speech - is …..( large) part of the brain and much ….. (large) then the cerebrum of all other animals.
12) The ….. (small) unit of the nervous system is a neuron or nerve cell.
13) Microscopic blood vessels, the capillaries, provide the connection between arteries and veins and from the point of view of circulatory function, are ….. ( important) structures of the circulatory system.
14) Fossil skulls and other skeletal structures indicate that …..(early) man, our ancestor, resembled modern man very closely (physically) but also bore some resemblance to ….. (little) highly specialized primate mammals, the anthropoid apes.
As…..as, the more….. the bigger , the deeper…the less, as…..as, the moor….. the better, as…..as
1. The ….. the water is, the ….. light is able to pass through it.
2. The apple is one of those trees whose blossoms are almost ….. pleasing ..… its taste.
3. The blood in the veins is not so bright as in the arteries.
4. Every living thing is made of cells whether it is ….. large ….. an oak tree or an elephant or ….. small ….. the amoeba which has only a single cell.
5. …… scientists - doctors, biologists, chemists - know about our bodies, they can figure out how to keep people strong and healthy.
6. ….. cells you get, ….. your body becomes.
ARE ANIMALS PROUD - LIKE PEOPLE?
Do animals like people, take personal pride in being ….. ( big, small, tough, fierce, fast, slow), or whatever characteristic that best distinguishes each species?
…(Large) of all the animals is the elephant, whose ringing trumpet-call proudly proclaims its boastful challenge for the whole animal kingdom to produce something on four legs more majestic in size.
In sharp contrast, the shrew is ….. (small) mammal, and shows its pride in its fierce, fearless and quarrelsome character.
…..(Tall) animal, of course, is the giraffe. Although a giraffe cannot make a sound to express its gratification at being …..( tall) animal creature, it can proudly look down from its impressive height upon all the rest of us.
"Proud as a peacock" aptly describes …..( proud) of all feathered creatures, the peacock, as it displays its great vanity and brilliant feathers in a promenade of pride.
The duck — bill looks ….. (queer) and resembles a duck more than anything else in its composite make-up.
One wonders whether the ant eater is boastful over its associates, if any, of having ….. (small) brain of any animal? That, however, is one of its distinctions - the other being that the anteater is the only creature that exists entirely on ants.
Дата добавления: 2014-01-04; Просмотров: 630; Нарушение авторских прав?