Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Complete the sentences with the verb in the correct form
Complete the sentences with the verb in the correct form.
Translate the following sentences.
Use your own ideas to complete the sentences. Follow the pattern.
Enjoy, mind, suggest, stop, finish, delay, postpone, fancy, imagine, consider, avoid, admit, deny, miss, risk, spend, involve, practise, hate, love, prefer, give up, put off, carry on and some more
Use these verbs, pattern, your own ideas and complete the sentences.
Ex.:She admitted tampering with samples.
1) I don`t mind…..
2) My collegue suggested…..
3) Yesterday students practiced……
4) Recently he has given up….
5) Don`t postpone…..
73) Ex.: Students were watching feeding animals.
1) Naturalists spent time…..
2) Suspected company admitted…..
3) I regret…..
4) It keeps…..
5) Would you mind…..
1) Reading this book you will find out many interesting facts about insects.
2) Having been heated for several hours the substance began to melt.
3) Inducing high radiation, we can get interesting results.
4) Having obtained the data we can turn to the next step.
5) When carrying out the experiment the scientist noticed a curious side effect.
DO PLANTS DIFFER FROM ANIMALS?
It is easy ..... ( distinguish) between the animal and plant when a butterfly is fluttering about a ..... (blossom) cherry tree or a cow ..... (feed) in a field of clover. It is not so easy, if it is, indeed, possible, ..... ( say) which is plant and which is animal when the simplest plants are compared with the simplest animals. It is almost impossible so ..... (define) animals as ..... ( distinguish) all of them from all plants, or so ..... ( define) plants as ..... ( distinguish) all of them from all animals.
The outstanding characteristics ..... (distinguish) plants from animals are:
Plants generally are stationary, fixed to a spot. Movement of a plant is usually in response to a stimulus in the immediate environment. Plants do not have the power of locomotion. Animals, on the other hand, can usually move about, ..... (have) the power of locomotion ..... ( seek) food and shelter. There are some animals, however, like sponges and polyps that are fixed.
The most outstanding difference is the ability of the green plant ….. (manufacture) food within itself ….. (use) the substances in the environment in this process. This activity or process known as photosynthesis takes place mostly in leaves. All animals, ….. (include) man, get their food either directly or indirectly from plants.
1) When they landed on the Galapagos Islands, Charles Darwin found about ten principal islands …..( form) of volcanic rocks. Most of the plants, birds and animals are of a kind only ….. (find) there.
2) Food does not go along the digestive tract ….. (unchanged).
3) To watch a bird parent ….. (teach) its youngster how ….. ( eat) is a very interesting sight.
4) The digested food pass into the cells ….. (line) the inside of the intestine.
5) The Boresovka mammoth was not the only ….. (find) in the natural ice-box of the Siberian plains.
6) What are you and what you do are really the result of all your various kinds of cells ….. (work) together.
7) Protoplasm is always changing, ….. (take) in different kinds of chemicals, giving off others.
8) Sand particles are of comparatively large size and hence expose little surface ….. (compare) to that exposed by an equal weight of silt or clay particles.
Дата добавления: 2014-01-04; Просмотров: 1117; Нарушение авторских прав?