Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Do the General Law Quiz. Discuss the answers in groups of four
III. PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Complete the chart with the information from the text.
1. Are the following statements true or false?
1) The text describes different law fields.
2) According to the text, law is generally enforced through a set of institutions.
3) The text characterizes means by which the state can prosecute the perpetrator.
4) Civil law system doesn’t differ essentially from that of common law.
5) Common law systems usually codify their laws.
6) There are no countries where religion informs the law.
7) Law also raises significant and complicated problems concerning equality, fairness and justice.
8) Basic issues are about the same for each country.
3. In the text find the synonyms for the following words:
course of action, put into effect, freedom, duties, to be intended, rulings, law, measures, offender, penalty, principle, concerning, develop, difference.
4. Use the information in the text to explain the meaning of the following legal terms:
- civil law jurisdiction;
- common law system;
- public law;
- private law;
- trusts law;
- traditional core subjects.
1) What type of law system relies heavily on tradition and precedent?
A Civil Law
B Common Law
C Public Law
D Private Law
2) Which of the following is the most appropriate explanation of Civil Law:
Civil Law is about ...
A ensuring perpetrators of crimes are punished
B ensuring that the processes of government are in accordance with the principles of democracy
C settling disputes among individuals
D protecting the rights of the individual when they are accused of a crime.
3) Which of the following is the most appropriate word used to indicate law that has come into existence through the decision of judges in previous court cases:
4) Which of the following is the best explanation of the term "Legislation"?
A Law made in the courts by the decision of judges
B Law made in parliament by the decision of judges
C Law made in courts by the decision of elected representatives of the people
D Law made in parliament by the decision of elected representatives of the people
5) Which of the following is not a legal term?
A civil tort
B criminal tort
C constitutional tort
D government tort
E personal tort
F public tort
6) In the United Kingdom, what kind of a lawyer wears a wig in court?
7) The laws of the United States of America are fundamentally founded on which established set of laws?
A General Civil Law
B English Common Law
C French Civil Law
D The Laws of the Founding Fathers
Дата добавления: 2014-11-20; Просмотров: 921; Нарушение авторских прав?;