Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Work in pairs
What do you do when you have these problems?
A. I see a doctor.
В. Oh, I carry on as normal.
C. I take an aspirin.
9. How many of these problems have you had in the last year?
10. a) Listen and complete the missing parts of the dialogue.
Hellen: Hi, Nick. You _______________ too good.
Nick: No, I feel _____________________ .
Nick: I ‘ve got a _______________ and my body ______________ all over.
Hellen: Oh, dear. It sounds like flu to me. _________ go home ?
b) Practise the conversation.
11. Useful language.
Look at these sentences. Connect the ones that mean the same thing.
12.Listen to these sentences. Which words are stressed? Repeat them and try to sound exactly the same.
• You don't look very well.
• Are you all right?
• Oh dear.
• I've got a splitting headache.
• My back hurts.
• I feel terrible.
• I've got an awful cold.
13. Now listen to these three dialogues. What's the problem, and what does thefriend suggest?
14.In pairs. a) Make a dialogue using these cues.
b)Have similar conversations about these things.
15.Match the phrases below.
1) I have a horrible headache. a) Have a cup of tea with honey.
2) My back hurts. b) You will work better after it.
3) I have a sore throat. c) I ate something bad in the
4) I’ve got a stomach ache. d) Take an aspirin.
5) Take a short break. e) You should lie down.
6) I have a high temperature. f) I worked too much yesterday.
16.Give advice to a person. Use the following phrases.
1) I’ve got a toothache. If I were you, I’d take an aspirin.
2) I don’t feel very well.
3) My temperature is going up.
4) I think I’ve caught flu.
5) My back hurts all the time.
6) My eyes get tired very quickly.
7) I usually sit at work for a long time.
8) My nose is running.
1.Read these sentences and then use the words in bold to complete the sentences below.
a) When I broke my leg playing rugby, I was in plaster for six weeks.
b) Mum, I've cut my finger! Have you got a plaster?
c) She's sprained her wrist, so her arm's in asling at the moment.
d) Award is a room in a hospital with beds for patients.
e) I hate injections! I feel faint if I just see a syringe!
f)When you have a cold, your nose runs and you sneeze a lot.
g)When you have(the) flu,you feel weak and have a fever.
h)Knowing first aid can be really useful if you are ever involved in an accident.
i)My dad is desperate for a cure for baldness.
j)I hope you get over your cold soon.
k)My mum put abandage round my broken arm until we got to the hospital.
l)I went to my GP / general practitioner to ask her for something for my stomachache.
m) We're going to visit my sick aunt in hospital so I'd like to get some flowers.
n) The doctor gave me a prescription for painkillers.
1. My grandfather's in a _________ with eighteen other patients.
2. When Karen’s arm was _______, she had to learn to write with her left hand. She said it was very difficult.
3. The doctor said that, after the operation, I've got to keep my arm in a __________ for a couple of days.
4. It's quite a deep cut. I don't think a _______ will be enough. You might need stitches.
5. The dentist used a ___________ to anaesthetise my mouth before he started drilling.
6. The doctor asked the ______ man to remove his shirt.
7. Come on, go to school - you've only got _______.
8. I took the ______ to the chemist, who gave me the medicine I needed.
9. I felt helpless when I found the old man on the floor and wished I had known some _______.
10. Maybe one day they will find a _______ for cancer.
11. You've got ________. I suggest you stay in bed and keep warm and phone me if it gets any worse.
12. Why have you got a ______ round your head?
13. My sister has been quite ill, but she's starting to __________it now.
14. My _________didn't know what the problem was and referred me to a specialist.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-23; Просмотров: 996; Нарушение авторских прав?;