Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
1. Where does the majestic building of the Bolshoi Theatre stand?
2. When a standing opera company was organized in Moscow?
3. What classical opera was for the first time shown at the Bolshoi?
4. The Bolshoi company staged the best operas and ballets by West European composers —
Mozart, Rossini, Weber, Verdi, Gounod, Bizet, Wagner, Delibes, didn’t it?
5. Who vividly reflected the glorious traditions in the great Russian art?
6. Does the Bolshoi ballet company enjoy well-deserved fame as the world’s finest?
1.Переведите на русский язык предложения с атрибутивными словосочетаниями.
1. The steam engine appeared in 1763. 2. Several improved steam road carriages followed it. 3. The 218-mile Saint Lawrence Canal joins the Atlantic with the Great Lakes. 4. People try to explore the ocean bed. 5. New metro lines are being built in Moscow in different parts of the city. 6. The first Berlin porcelain factory was founded in 1752. 7. Civil rights sit-inners sent a telegram demanding negotiations on the economic crisis. 8. The Labour Party conference finished today with great battle on the Government’s wage restraint policy still unresolved. 9. Transport engineering and other trade union delegation carried their objections to the vote.
2. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Perfect, Past Perfect или Future Perfect
1. The woman says that she (buy) a new camera. 2. He says that before he leaves he (see) every show in town. 3. Mother (tell) John what you said. 4. I (be) in this country two years by next January. 5. By the time you arrive, I (finish) reading your book. 6. Peter wanted to know what (happen) to his friend. 7. Mary (write) me a letter at last. 8. We felt that we (see) the girl somewhere before.
3.Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на местоимения one (ones),that (those)
1. The story is less interesting than that I read last month. 2. Mike doesn’t like this film. Let’s watch another one. 3. This task is more difficult than that one. 4. One of the students is absent today. 5. One mustn’t talk at the lessons. 6. There is only one way to do it. 7. My children like to read English books as well as Russian ones. 8. Those present at the meeting were the teachers from our school. 9. The students of the first group study worse than those of the second one. 10. These pictures are more beautiful than those ones.
4.Сделайте предложения вопросительными, обращая внимание на эквиваленты модального глагола.
1.I am to stay here all the time. 2. He has got to leave us now. 3. They will be able to phone us twice a week 4. You are to report at once. 5. We’ll have to hurry to catch the five thirty train. 6. The jubilee is to be celebrated some time this summer. 7. He had to leave us as the interval was over. 8. Cyclists had to stay at our youth hostels. 9. The girls have to do some shopping. 10. I am to meet mother at the station at six sharp. 11. You have you got to do all the work. 12. I had to walk to the office. 13. You are to stay in bed until you are allowed to get up. 14. He has been able to swim since childhood. 15. She will be сapable of doing this kind of task. 16. The boy will be able to return the book by Friday. 17. They have been able to pass the examination. 18. The old man had to be kept from painting pictures.
5. Сделайте предложения эмфатическими, употребив усилительную конструкцию It is … that.
1. After he had read the book he gave it to me. 2. After mother has returned from Moscow I shall tell her the news. 3. The Russian scientist Lodygin invented the electric lamp. 4. On the first of September the new school year begins. 5. The gravitation makes the satellites move round the Earth. 6. In 1869 Mendeleyev published his Periodic Table. 7. It was the Soviet Union that liberated the peoples of Europe from fascism during World War II. 8. In April the equipment was brought to the laboratory. 9. It was yesterday when we discussed the plan of work at the office. 10. Yuri Gagarin, a citizen of Russia, started the era of cosmic flights. 11. In the year 1863 30,000 Londoners used the new and strange way of travel – the Underground. 12. On April 26, 1755 the opening of Moscow University took place. 14. Mme. Marie Składowska-Curie, the leading woman-scientist, the greatest woman of her generation, had become the first person to receive a Nobel Prize twice.
6. Определите место главного предложения и придаточного обстоятельственного предложения условия в следующих сложноподчинённых предложениях. Укажите способ связи между главным и придаточным предложениями, подчеркните союзное слово. Устно переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. We can go camping with you provided we bring our own equipment. 2. Jane won’t go there unless Mark is invited. 3. We can deliver the machine in May provided we receive your order within the next ten days. 4. If the eggs become too war, the chicks will not hatch. 5. We won’t finish our work in time unless we work hard. 6. If I am free tomorrow I shall visit you. 7. You won’t master English unless you work hard. 8. If we start off now, we’ll reach the railway station in time. 9. If he feels well tomorrow he will help us. 10. If you start now, we’ll finish by dinner time.
7. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в форме герундия.
1. I shall appreciate (receive) an invitation from you. 2. Nick insisted on (help) her with the report. 3. Mrs. Brown stopped (go) to her French classes. 4. They are thinking of (buy) a computer. 5. Do you mind (wait) a few minutes in the hall? 6. My little brother enjoys (listen) to the radio. 7. You shouldn’t risk (go) out if you have a cold. 8. This job is not worth (take). 9. Sue will enjoy (play) with Mrs. Green’s children. 9. He talked without (stop). 10. They have finished (repair) our office at last. 11. Have you finished (cry)? 12. My (hand write) is very careless. 13. It looks like (snow). 14. He felt irritation at (be disturbed).
8. Вставьте суффиксы–s, –’s, –s’вместо точек, где необходимо.Объясните их значение.
1. The notion of “good manner…” differs from country to country. 2. At 7.00 p.m. the Queen arrives at St. James… Palace, shakes hand… and talks to no fewer than 70 people. 3. We say “Excuse me” to attract somebody… attention when we don’t know the person… name. 4. It is difficult to realize that in Shakespeare… time only a few million people spoke English. 5. There are race law… in Britain that racial tension is a punishable offence. 6. We should communicate more and learn more about each other… culture. 7. It is considered bad manner… to smoke in someone… house without asking a permission. 8. Do you know many Beatle… song…? 9. Night… candle… are burnt out, and jocund day stands tiptoe on the misty mountain top. 10. The Pyramid… stand at the edge of the desert, an hour distance from the city. 11. A friend of hers had shown her his review of Browning… poem… . 12. Jon lighted his father… and Fleur… cigarette… .
ПЯТЫЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №2
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте на вопросы, следующие за текстом.
One of the earliest systems of law of which we have knowledge is the collection of laws, known as the Code of Hammurabi, the Babylonian king, which was carved in stone about 1900 B.C. and which can be seen in the British Museum in London. Another early code is the code of Hebrew law, contained in the Book of Exodus in the Bible.
In Greece each city state had its own law. Some laws were common to many states, such as the laws relating to family life. In the seventh century B.C. the Greek, began to put their laws into writing. About 594 B.C. Solon, the famous Athenian law-giver, provided a new code of law. The Athenians did not consider it necessary to have legal experts for non-criminal cases. In a civil case the verdict was given by a jury, which might number anything from 201 to 2,500. The members of the jury listened to speeches made by the persons who had brought the case before them, and by their friends. Barristers were not allowed, but speeches were sometimes prepared by professional speech-writers.
Roman law is one of the greatest systems that have ever existed. It was based upon custom, and by A.D. 528 the quantity of Roman Law had become so immense that the Emperor Justinian in Constantinople ordered a clear, systematic code of all the laws to be made.
Roman law has had a deep influence upon the law of the world. The law of most European countries is based upon it, and it has had some influence on Anglo-Saxon law, which is the other great law system of the world. For many years Roman law seemed to be lost or forgotten, but it reappeared in the eleventh century, when there was a great revival of learning.
Many European countries began to use Roman law in their courts. In France, however, until Napoleon codified the law in 1804, each province had its own laws. The Napoleonic Code was a splendid achievement, and has been copied in many countries in Europe and South America.
1. What are the earliest systems of law of which we have knowledge?
2. When was the first collection of laws carved in stone?
3. In Greece each city state had its own law, didn’t it?
4. Who did not consider it necessary to have legal experts for non-criminal cases?
5. Is Roman law or any other law one of the greatest systems that have ever existed?
6. Why did Roman Law reappear in the eleventh century?
1. Найдите соответствующие словосочетания
1) code a) put into the form of a code
2) relating to b) non-criminal
3) civil c) rebirth
4) revival d) concerned with, referring to
5) codify e) collection of laws arranged in a system
2. Заполните пропуски глаголами mustили may в зависимости от степени вероятности, возможности выполнить действие. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Don’t worry, mother. Things … turn out better than you think. 2. Robert … still come. He … have been detained at the office. 3. What a smell! The milk … have boiled over again. 4. You … think I’m made of money. I gave you thirty dollars on Monday, didn’t I? 5. One never knows with her, she … feel offended if you don’t ask her advice. 6. I tell you I left the keys right here. I always do. Somebody … have taken them. 7. She … not know about it. She … have been out when they phoned. 8. Only a few charred stones remained after the fire. The heat … have been terrific. 9. It … be later than we thought, the metro isn’t running any longer. 10. There’s just a chance if we hurry. We … catch the 8:15 train. 11. George … be still here. Here is his coat. 12. After all it’s his job. He … know what he is thinking about
3. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Perfect, Past Perfect или Future Perfect
1. I am sure they (complete) the new road by June. 2. He knew that he (make) a serious mistake.
3. He (make) that same mistake several times. 4. If you don’t make a note of that appointment, you (forget) it by next week. 5. She said she (look) everywhere for the book. 6. We (speak) to him about it several times. 7. I asked him why he (leave) the party so early. 8. The teacher corrected the exercises which Paul (prepare).
4.Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на местоимения one (ones),that (those)
1. This text is more difficult than that one. 2. One of the students is absent today. 3. One must always try to speak English at our lessons. 4. There is only one way to do it. 5. Those present at the meeting were the teachers from our school. 6. I like to read English books as well as Russian ones. 7. The students of the first group study better than those of the second one. 8. These pictures are better than those. 9. This film is more interesting than that I saw last week. 10. I don’t like this book. Give me another one.
5. Определите форму и функцию инфинитива
1. To understand is to forgive. 2. Mike stopped to smoke. 3. They wanted to cross the river in that place. 4. To take him seriously would be absurd. 5. Betty strained her ears to catchthe words. 6. To study is important. 7. To err is human. 8. They always help to perform all the task. 9. I think I will go to England to improvemy English. 10. To occupyher mind, however, she took the job given to her. 12. You’ll soon learn to read, sonny.
6. Выразите то же самое значение предложения при помощи атрибутивного словосочетания, т.е. при помощи “цепочки существительных”.
Example: We took a tour that lasted five weeks. – We took a five-week tour.
1. He has a subscription to that magazine for two years. 2. That student wrote a report that was ten pages long. 3. We saw a play in three acts last night. 4. She made a call to California that lasted ten minutes. 5. Sam lives in a building which has twelve storeys. 6. John bought a tool set containing 79 pieces. 7. Mary has a bookcase with five shelves. 8. I need two cans of tomatoes that weigh 16 ounces each. 9. I’m looking for a pressure cooker that holds six quarts. 10. Mrs. Johnson bought her daughter a bicycle with ten speeds.
7. Определите место главного предложения и придаточного обстоятельственного предложения времени в следующих сложноподчинённых предложениях. Укажите способ связи между главным и придаточным предложениями, подчеркните союзное слово. Устно переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. After the agreement had been signed, the delegation left Moscow. 2. As soon as we received your telegram, we instructed our head-office to prepare the goods for shipment. 3. While you are having dinner I’ll be reading the newspaper. 4. I’ll have finished the letter by the time you come back. 5. More than thirty fatalities had been reported before the year’s rainy season started in earnest. 6. Tommy lay until he did not feel the pain any longer. 7. When the cat is away, the mice will play. 8. When there is life, there is hope. 9. When the cat is away, the mice will play. 10. When there is life, there is hope. 11. When I come back, I’ll call you. 12. When he has finished his work, he’ll go for a walk.
8. Вставьте суффиксы–s, –’s, –s’вместо точек, где необходимо.Объясните их значение.
1. This is a new book of Pushkin… poem… . 2. This man was Paul… and Kate… teacher… of music. 3. These people are Sam… and Frank… parent… .4. They spent a week… holiday at the Barton… . 5. My relatives spent a holiday with the Barton… . 6. This writer… life was short but bright. 7. There was a moment… silence between them. 8. We couldn’t explain the young girl… behaviour at yesterday… dinner. 9. The boy… got their first week… salary and were very happy. 10. Bob… friend… live in his parent… house. 11. What was the car… number? 12. The ship… crew consisted of foreign sailors. 13. I live in Milano with my parent… and two sister… . 14. When in Rome, do as Roman… do.
9. Соедините предложения при помощи сравнительной конструкции the … the … .
1. Wendy called. Her voice got hoarse. (loud) 2. They worked with this woman. They liked her. (long) 3. He walked. He became exasperated. (slow) 4. Nick comes. The students can go home soon. (soon) 5. The meeting ends. They can go home early. (early) 6. The cat climb. It can fall far. (high) 7. He worked. He became depressed. (late) 8. We listened to his story. We became sympathetic. (long) 9. I wrote. My writing became illegible. (fast) 10. It snowed. The cars moved slowly. (hard) 11. We waited. We became impatient. (long) 12. It rained. He drove fast. (hard)
КОНТРОЛЬНОЕ ЗАДАНИЕ № 3
Методические рекомендации по выполнению контрольной работы.
Перед выполнением контрольной работы проработайте по учебнику следующие грамматические темы:
1. Образование новых слов: конверсия, сдвиг ударения.
2. Употребление артикля с некоторыми именами собственными.
3. Предлоги, предложные конструкции, фразовые глаголы, их сравнение с русскими выражениями.
4. Времена группы Perfect Continuous в действительном залоге.
5. Страдательный залог (Passive Voice) во временах группы Indefinite, Continuous, Perfect; способы образования и перевода на русский язык.
6. Сложноподчинённое предложение. Бессоюзное подчинение придаточных определительных и дополнительных предложений.
7. Согласование времён (The Sequence of Tenses), основные сведения о правилах соблюдения согласования времён в придаточном дополнительном предложении. Способы перевода английских предложений на русский язык при согласовании времён в главном и придаточном дополнительном предложении.
8. Перевод русских сложноподчинённых предложений на английский язык с соблюдением правила согласования времён в главном и придаточном дополнительном предложении.
9. Прямая и косвенная речь. Повествовательное предложение в косвенной речи; соблюдение правила согласования времён при изменении прямой речи в косвенную.
10. Вопросительное предложение в косвенной речи; соблюдение правила согласования времён при изменении вопросительного предложения прямой речи в косвенный вопрос.
11. Истинные модальные глаголы, их эквиваленты. Прочие глаголы, имеющие модальное значение: need, shall, will, should, would, dare, used to, их отличие от смысловых и вспомогательных глаголов. Многофункциональность глаголов shall, will, should, would.
12. Выражения to be used to,to get used to,to become used to, их лексическое значение в предложении. Отличие в значении и употреблении модального выражения used to (do) от значения и способа употреблениявыражений to be used to (something),to get used to (something),to become used to (something).
13. Основные сведения о сослагательном наклонении. Предложения типа “I wish I were”, “I wish I had been”.
14. Условные предложения. Типы условных предложений: I тип, II тип, III тип, нулевой тип, смешанный тип.
ПЕРВЫЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №3
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте по-английски на вопросы, следующие за текстом.
The concept of cooperative learning is alien to all of us who were taught the traditional way, but it offers our children the adventure of finding their own answers. Some people think that if you took a doctor from the 19th century and put him or her in a modern operating theatre, they would have no idea what to do. But if you put a teacher from the 19th century into a modern classroom he or she would be able to carry on teaching without a pause. The idea remains that students are empty containers which the teacher fills with knowledge, and that all students have to do is listen and write.
Some education consultants say that this approach does not work in today’s changing world. We are not teaching creative problem-solving. We encourage competition, believing that this brings out the best in people. But this is not. The teacher’s role is no longer to feed students with information. The facts are available in libraries, on CD ROMs and on the internet. What students need is the skills to find this information, to use it and to think creatively in order to solve the problems of our world. Some teachers believe that cooperative learning is the future of education and it is the best way to encourage responsibility, tolerance and helpfulness towards others.
In cooperative learning classes, the traditional classroom physical layout is abandoned. Pupils learn to work in pairs, then in threes, and finally in teams of four. Students are required to participate actively in discussing and shaping their own knowledge. The teacher, who is still very important to the process, becomes the helper rather than master.
Many people make incorrect assumption about cooperative learning that it is merely group work with students. It is much, much more. With this technique, most of the time in the classroom is spent teaching them these skills – life-skills. This way students learn how to work with others at the same time, they are given enough time to discuss issues and problems in detail.
There are examples when several students in the class could hardly speak a word of English. But the teacher need not have worried, as with cooperative learning the children’s response was amazing. All in all, it seems that cooperative learning turns the classroom from a competitive arena into a place where learning facts and life skills are both more fun and more effective for pupils and teachers alike.
1. What do some people think of the possibilities of doctors and teacher of the last century?
2. Do you agree that the student is an empty container for the teacher to fill it with knowledge?
3. What do students need to solve the problems of our world?
4. In what way do pupils learn to work to get knowledge in cooperative learning classes?
5. In your opinion, can a child learn to speak any foreign language in cooperative classes?
Дата добавления: 2017-01-14; Просмотров: 275; Нарушение авторских прав?;