Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Guilty or not Guilty?
1. Pacкройтe скобки ynoтpeбляя глаголы в одном следующих времён: Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous.
1. I (to see) my friend in the street yesterday, but he (to run) for a bus and he (not to have) time to speak to me. 2. Who you (to wait) for? 3. They (to announce) our flight. We (to have) a problem. One of our suitcases (to miss). 4. Who (to speak) there? — I (not to know). 5. He (not to smoke). He (not to smoke) now. When he (to be) at the office yesterday, he (not to smoke), he (to work) hard. 6. When my sister (to wash) her skirt, she (to find) a pound note in the pocket. 7. Last night we (to go) to a cafe to meet our friends. 8. We (to go) home now because it (to be) late. 9. While she (to shop) this morning, she (to lose) her money. She (not to know) how. 10. Her car (to break) down yesterday while she (to drive) to work. 11. When and where it (to happen)? 12. She always (to wear) nice clothes for work. Today she (to wear) a nice blouse and a dark skirt. 13. What she (to watch) at the moment? 14. We (to have) a postcard from them two days ago. They (to say) they (to have) a marvelous time. 15. What your son (to do)? — He (to study) computer science. 16. What you (to do) at the weekend? 17. When she (to open) the door, a man (to stand) on the doorstep. It (to be) her uncle, but she (not to recognize) him because he (to wear) dark glasses. 18. When you (to learn) German?
2. Замените в следующих предложениях действительный залог страдательным.
1. He wrote that book last year. 2. They will translate this book into English next year. 3. The teacher will examine the students next week. 4. Meteorologists collect weather reports from all parts of the country. 5. They did not adopt the resolution yesterday. 6. She reads English books every day. 7. The audience enjoyed the concert very much. 8. The little boy ate the cake. 9. The teacher corrects our exercises at home. 10. They started a dancing class last week. 11. Everybody will see this film. 12. The teacher returned our written work to us. 13. Mr. Smith will leave the tickets at the box-office. 14. The students translate texts during the lessons. 15. Mary took that book from the desk.
3. Образуйте множественное число следующих существительных:
passer-by, bus, cherry, goose, safe, deer, knife, sheep, name, tomato, play, postman, year, shelf, idea, potato, wife, child, ray, mouse, photo, doctor, leaf, atom, foot, woman, family, group, forget-me-not, roof, ox, piano, tooth, swine.
4. Употребите прилагательные и наречия, данные в скобках, в нужной степени сравнения:
1. My brother is much . . . than myself. (young) 2. The opera theatre is one of . . . buildings in the city. (beautiful) 3. The sound grew . . . and ... . (faint) 4. The party was not so ... as I had expected, (gay) 5. I have no one . . . than you. (near) 6. What is the . . . news? (late) 7. Yesterday I came home . . . than usual. (late) 8. Ann sings far . . . than Nina. (well) 9. I like this picture . . . of all. (well)
5. Переведите следующие словосочетания на английский язык, употребляя притяжательный падеж.
библиотека этого института, письма моих друзей, рассказы этого писателя, дочь моей младшей сестры, младшая дочь моей сестры, здание этого театра, старые стены их дома, жёны тех мужчин, коровье молоко
6. Употребите нужную форму личных местоимений.
1. I often see (they, them) in the bus. 2. She lives near (we, us). 3. (We, us) always walk to school together. 4. He teaches (we, us) English. 5. She sits near (I, me) during the lesson. 6. I always speak to (he, him) in English. 7. What is the matter with (he, him) today?. 8. He explains the lesson to (we, us) each morning. 9. There are some letters here for you and (I, me). 10. I know (she, her) and her sister very well.
7. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах.
1. We were pleased to receive your letter. 2. The door of the office remained open. 3. The wind last night was very strong. 4. He and his brother were sick two days ago. 5. There were few passengers in the compartment. 6. There was a very interesting lecture last Monday. 7. Ted passed two examinations last spring. 8. You can find a good restaurant near here. 9. There is a comfortable chair in each room. 10. Our friends will see many pictures on the walls of our room. 11. There are more than ten sentences in each exercise. 12. There will be enough chairs for everyone.
8. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной форме, употребляя данные в скобках вопросительные слова:
1. They sat in the first row. (In which row) 2. The performance lasted two hours. (How long) 3. He went to Leningrad to see some friends. (Why) 4. She put the mail on my desk. (Where) 5. He walked to school with Mary. (Whom with) 6. They spoke to us in French. (In what language) 7. He arrived home very late. (When)
9. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в форме Future Continuous:
1. I (wait) on the corner for you at the usual time tomorrow morning. 2. It probably (rain) when you get back. 3. If you come before six, I (work) in my garden. 4. At this time tomorrow afternoon I (take)my final English examination. 5. If we go there now, they (have) dinner. But if we go later, they (watch) TV. 6. At this time next year he (study) at the university.
10. Образуйте повелительные предложения, затем употребите их в отрицательной форме.
Образец: (to tell) her about it. Tell her about it. – Don’t tell her about it.
1. (to give) this book to Michael. 2. (to open) the window, please. 3. (to close) the door. 4. (to ring) him up in the morning. 5. (to let) him talk to his friend. 6. (to turn) off the light. 7. (to leave) your hat on the chair. 8. (to pass) me the salt. 9. (to help) him with his homework.
11. Образуйте наречия от следующих прилагательных с помощью суффикса –ly. Переведите наречия на русcкий язык:
free, wonderful, quick, awful, easy, correct, sudden, careful, loud, especial, bad, secret, beautiful, comfortable, happy, near, wide, late, nice, kind
12. Образуйте степени сравнения следующих прилагательных и наречий
near, good, badly, much, well, last, little, bad, far, many, short, wide, big, fast, early, quick, loud, small, old, late, long, easy, nice, young, kind, large, interesting, carefully, attentively, comfortable, progressive, wonderful, beautifully, carefully, remarkable, efficient, clearly, regularly, difficult, often, quickly
КОНТРОЛЬНОЕ ЗАДАНИЕ № 2
Методические рекомендации по выполнению контрольной работы.
Перед выполнением контрольной работы проработайте по учебнику следующие грамматические темы:
1. Понятие модальности. Модальные глаголы (True Modal Verbs) can, may, must, ought to, их лексические и грамматические особенности.
2. Эквиваленты модальных глаголов. Словосочетания to be able (to do something), to be capable (of doing something) как модальные глаголы для выраженияумственной и физической способности выполнить действие и глаголы to be (to do), to have(to do), to have got (to do) как модальные глаголы для выражения долженствования.
3. Временные формы группы Perfect.
4. Наречие, его место в предложении.
5. Конструкция the more … the better, способ её перевода на русский язык.
6. Неопределённые местоимения some,any,no,every и их производные.
7. Употребление местоимений many,much,little,few.
8. Местоимения one, ones; that, those как заместители существительных.
9. Омонимичность суффиксов –s, –’s, –s’как суффиксов множественного числа существительного и как показателя притяжательного падежа существительного в единственном и во множественном числе.
10. Существительное в функции определения. “Цепочка” существительных следующего типа ‘stone wall’, ‘pocket money’, ‘money pocket’, правило перевода подобных словосочетаний на русский язык.
11. Эмфатическое выделение отдельных членов предложения при помощи оборота It is … that.
12. Неличные формы глагола. Infinitive, его простые формы в функции подлежащего, дополнения и обстоятельства цели.
13. Герундий (The Gerund), его значение, функции и способы перевода на русский язык.
14. Понятие сложноподчинённого предложения. Типы придаточных предложений. Придаточные предложения: определительные, дополнительные, обстоятельственные.
15. Дополнительные и определительные придаточные предложения, их место в сложном предложении.
16. Придаточные обстоятельственные предложения времени и условия. Неупотребление будущего времени в придаточных предложениях времени и условия.
Рекомендуемая литература для самостоятельной работы
1. К. Н. Качалова, Е.Е. Израилевич. Практическая грамматика английского языка.
2. A. J. Thomson, A.V. Martinet. A Practical English Grammar
ПЕРВЫЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №2
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте по-английски на вопросы, следующие за текстом.
The Amendment to the USA Constitution prohibits the Congress from making any law that interferes with the freedom of the press and this freedom has been vigorously defended.
The media indeed have uncovered, made public many secrets that the government would have preferred to keep secret, such as Watergate scandal, leading to constant tension between journalists and government officials. Some people say that the media – and television in particular – have become so influential that in fact they are the political process, shaping public opinion.
Although there two American news services operating worldwide – the Associated Press (AP) and United Press International (UPI) – the tremendous size of the nation, the variety of time zones, and the general preoccupation with mainly local issues make it difficult for national daily newspapers to exist. An attempt has been made to introduce the “popular” “US Today” on a nationwide basis, and “The Wall Street Journal” comes close to being a national newspaper. “The New York Times”, with a circulation of 900,000 is, perhaps, the most influential daily newspaper, followed by “The Washington Post” and “The Los Angeles Times”.
All large American cities have at least one newspaper and, although largely concerned with local affairs, they are also read in other states. Periodicals exist for virtually every type of interest, some with just a tiny circulation, others like “Times” with a circulation worldwide of more than 6 million copies. More than 50 of the leading magazines produce over one million copies of each issue.
Over 98% of American homes have television sets, and there are more than 900 commercial television stations. More than 600 of these are affiliated with the big three private national television networks, ABC, NBC and CBS, which show their programmes at the same time throughout the nation during prime time (the hours in which most people watch television – usually from 7.30 p.m. to 11.00 p.m.) The rest are either independent or in smaller networks.
An increasing number of Americans also subscribe to cable television stations. There is no national radio station in the United States, but every large city has dozens of independent stations, which range from twenty-four hours a day news to rock and classical music.
1. Does the Constitution allow to interfere with the freedom of the press in the USA?
2. In what way does the press shape public opinion?
3. What main American news services can you name?
4. What newspapers are the most popular among the readers?
5. How many copies do the leading magazines produce?
6. Are there any independent television stations in the US?
7. There is a national radio in the country, isn’t there?
1. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Perfect, Past Perfect или Future Perfect
1. The teacher corrected the exercises which his students (prepare). 2. She said she (look) everywhere for the book. 3. He never (be) to any foreign country. 4. His parents (speak) to him about it several times. 5. He knew that he (make) a serious mistake. 6. If you don’t make a note of that appointment, you (forget) it by next week. 7. Kate wondered why he (leave) the party so early.
8. I am sure they (complete) the new house by February.
2. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной форме.
1.They’ll have to hurry to catch the five thirty train. 2. I am to stay here all the time. 3. I have got to leave you now. 4. He was able to phone us twice a week. 5. The jubilee is to be celebrated this summer. 6. We were to spend a week-end with my aunt at the Browns’. 7. Robert will be сapable of doing this kind of task. 8. He has been able to swim since childhood. 9. You will be able to send e-mail this evening. 10. The old man had to walk a lot.
3.Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на местоимения one (ones),that (those)
1) This text is more difficult than that one. 2) One of the students is absent today. 3) One must always try to speak English at our lessons. 4) There is only one way to do it. 5) Those present at the meeting were the teachers from our school. 6) I like to read English books as well as Russian ones. 7) The students of the first group study better than those of the second one. 8) These pictures are better than those ones. 9) This film is more interesting than that I saw last week. 10) I don’t like this book. Give me another one.
4. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в форме герундия.
1. This job is not worth (take). 2. It looks like (rain). 3. They kept on (argue). 4. Practise (listen) to the tape recordings. It’s good practice! 5. She began (sing) when a child. 6. My hobby is (dance). 7. He felt irritation at (be disturbed). 8. Have you finished (write)? 9. He talked without (stop). 10. Tom doesn’t want (be looked) after. 11. (see) is (believe) 12. Her (act) was perfect. 13. (breed cattle) is an important branch of agriculture. 14. Ben’s (hand write) is very careless.
5. Переведите следующие словосочетания на русский язык:
music school, full-part students, five-year plan, high speed car, University Art Department, cane sugar; sugar cane, labour time, television programme, fresh-water pond, research laboratory equipment, a watch pocket; a pocket watch, Civil Rights Congress.
6. Перепишите следующие предложения, поставьте суффиксы –s, –’s, –s’вместо точек.
1. We heard this scientist… report with great interest. 2. Mary studies Italian and French at the course… of foreign language… . 3. I have got two brothers… . My brother… daughter… study at college. 4.. It was not our idea, it was her… . 5. The student… of our group like to read book… by foreign writer… . 6. Our scientist… discoveries in the exploration of outer space are well-known. 7. In that country there is an infant… school and a junior school.
8.Соедините предложения при помощи сравнительной конструкции the … the … .
1. We waited. We became impatient. (long) 2. It rained. He drove fast. (hard) 3. He walked. I became exasperated. (slow) 4. He comes. We can go home soon. (soon) 5. The meeting ends. They can go home early. (early) 6. They climb. They can fall far. (high) 7. He worked. He became depressed. (late) 8. I listened to her story. I became sympathetic. (long) 9. I wrote. My writing became illegible. (fast) 10. It snowed. The cars moved slowly. (hard) 11. I called. My voice got hoarse. (loud) 12. We worked with this man. We liked him. (long)
9. Определите место главного предложения и придаточного определительного в следующих сложноподчинённых предложениях. Укажите способ связи между главным и придаточным предложениями, подчеркните союзное слово.
1. The man who sang at the concert last night is sitting over there. 2. In 1927, critics gave bad reviews to B. Keaton’s film “The General”, which is now regarded as both a classic and the best work of cinematic genius. 3. There are adult literacy classes for the workers, many of whom never graduated from high school. 4. Tropical fish and song birds give much pleasure to people who need to relax. 5. Many words people use daily have origins in other countries and cultures. 6. Unlike automobiles, which use a four-stroke engine, motorcycles use a two-stroke engine. 7. There is not enough room in zoos to house all the other subspecies that need preserving. 8. Unlike the coyote, which hunts in packs, the fox prefers to hunt alone. 9. Disney World has many robots that look alive. 10. The people who lived in the wildness of the Yukon had to be self-sufficient.
ВТОРОЙ ВАРИАНТ КОНТРОЛЬНОГО ЗАДАНИЯ №2
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте на вопросы, следующие за текстом.
On August 5, 1867, President Andrew Johnson, — convinced that M. Stanton, the Secretary of War, was seeking to become the almighty dictator of the conquered South — asked for his immediate resignation, but Stanton declined to resign before the next meeting of Congress. Then the President suspended Stanton and appointed in his place the one man whom Stanton did not dare resist — General Grant. But on January 13, 1868, an angry Senate insisted on Stanton’s return. Then President Johnson who was anxious to obtain a court test of the act he believed obviously unconstitutional, again notified Stanton that he had been removed from the office Secretary of War.
The Congress charged the President with having violated the law and broken the will of the Congress.
With the President indicted by the House of Representatives, the trial for his conviction or acquittal began on March 5, 1868 in the Senate, presided over by the Chief Justice, though the actual cause for which President was being tried was missing.
But every other element of the highest court-room drama of those days was present. To each Senator the Chief Justice administered oath “... to do impartial justice”. The Chief Prosecutor for the House was General Butler, a Congressman from Massachusetts. But as the trial progressed, it became apparent, that the Republicans were not going to give the President a square deal, but intended to depose him from the White House on any grounds, real or imagined.
Telling evidence in the President’s favour was excluded as the integrity of that court was doubtful, attempted bribery and other forms of pressure were rampant. The chief interest was not in the trial of evidence, but in the tallying of votes necessary for conviction.
27 states (excluding the unrecognized Southern states) in the Union meant 54 members of the Senate and 36 votes were required to constitute the two-thirds majority necessary for conviction.
All twelve Democratic votes were lost and the 42 Republicans knew that they could afford to lose only six of their own members if Johnson were to be convicted.
But six Republicans indicated that the evidence so far introduced was not sufficient. The voting commenced …
By the time the Chief Justice reached the name of Edmund Ross, Senator of Kansas, 24 “guilties” had been pronounced, 10 more were certain and one other practically certain, so only Ross’s vote was needed to obtain the 36 votes necessary to convict the President.
When the Chief Justice put the question to him: “Mr. Senator Ross, how say you? Is the President guilty or not guilty?” every voice was still, every eye was upon the Senator from Kansas. Then Ross answered unhesitatingly, “Not guilty!”
The deed was done, the President saved, the trial as good as over and the conviction lost.
(After J.F. Kennedy, “Profiles in Courage”)
Дата добавления: 2017-01-14; Просмотров: 134; Нарушение авторских прав?;