Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
1. If children learn ...foreign language in ... school they will be able to spend pleasant holidays abroad communicating with the local people, (a, the, -)
2. Travelling abroad (become) now much (easy) and (cheap) than ever before.
3. Learning foreign languages ... be confusing for a child, as children ... find it difficult to learn new words and to keep the foreign language separate from their own. (may, could, should, can)
4. We must stop the hunting of wild animals and (a, the, -) destruction of forests before it is too (late, lately).
5.1 hope that one day everyone (be) part of the world movement to save the Earth.
6. Sports (change) a lot over the years, but they still provide entertainment (for, to, at) many people.
7. I'll never forget the impression New York made on me the first time I (see) it. Of course I knew much about the famous city from the cinema and the book I (read).
8. I understand that it is (easy) said than done, but you must try to include regular exercises in your daily routines as (a, the, -) form of protection against heart attacks.
9. (Shall, will, should) we go and watch the carnival procession, where the local people usually (dress) in their traditional clothes?
10. I believed he (involved) in that scandal, though he has never told me (anything, something, everything) about it since then.
11. I (wait) for the number 6 when I noticed an old man started to cross the road in front of the bus.
12. There was a terrible noise, but luckily, no one (injure). Two cars seriously (damage).
13. A pan of oil which (leave) unattended on the cooker yesterday could start a fire. For this reason, you (can, should, may) never leave one unattended while you (cook).
14. Speeding (cause) car accidents, that's why people should not drive too fast and they should always (wear) seat-belts.
15. Last week two tourists were miraculously saved from almost certain death by friendly dolphin while they (swim) in the sea near (a, the, -) Australian city of
16. Chocolate contains mild stimulants which (help) us concentrate and make us feel well.
17. Nowadays, with all the problems in the world, we should enjoy ourselves (some, any, many) way we can, but always within reason.
18. Fish (be) a big part of my diet as it is very healthy and high in protein. Now I eat (many) apples, grapes and pears than before and (little) red meet, cheese and butter.
19. (At, in) the beginning of the century men's clothes (be) similar to the formal suits worn today, but casual clothing such as jeans or sweat-shirts (not, know) then.
20. The only thing I haven't got is a balcony. If I (have) a balcony, I (grow) plants in pots.
1. (A, the, -) lit cigarette thrown (out of, from, off) a car (can, may, is to) start a fire in a forest.
2. The police stated that the robbers probably (enter) the bank shortly after midnight.
3. The police investigation showed the robbers were professionals as they (manage) not only to switch off the alarm system, but the security cameras (to, as well, either).
4. Chocolate not only tastes (delicious/deliriously), it is also rich (in, at, with) iron, magnesium and potassium.
5. Melinda told us she (have) a birthday party at her house the following day. She said that she (wait) for us at 6 p.m.
6. Bill said he couldn't believe what (happen) the day before.
7. Mrs Jacobs told me her daughter (revise) for her exams all day. By the end of this week she (pass) all her exams.
8. The coach threatened that he (drop) Bob from the team if he (miss) training again.
9. A pop concert was held in our city not long ago to raise money for (a, the, —) poor.
10. No one in our class is as (good) at languages as my friend. If he (not, enter) the Linguistic University it will be one of (great) disappointments in his life.
11. (Which, what) would you rather be - a lawyer or a customs officer? - I (not, decide) yet.
12.1 (am used to, used to) living in the country. I think it's less expensive and much (comfortable) than to live in big cities.
13. When the satellite (launch) next time, scientists (can, be able to, have to, may) investigate the rings around (a, the, -) Saturn in more detail than ever before.
14. Despite yesterday's snowfalls, we (could, be. able to, must, might) drive home (little) than an hour.
15. Road accidents have become very common nowadays. They usually (cause) by people who drive dangerously.
16. Grandmother said that she felt very dizzy because she (forget) to take her medication that morning.
17. Soho used to be considered one of (dirty) and (dangerous) places in London, but it was cleaned up in the early 1980s. Since then it (become) a meeting place.
18. Down by the river, the old warehouses (transform) into galleries, shops and clubs; the pubs also (restore) to their original Victorian beauty.
19. Where is exactly Soho? - Between Oxford Street and (a, the, -) Charing Cross Road. Today it is one of the most bohemian (area, areas) in London as great changes (take) place here of late.
20. - What would you do if you (see) a tiger walking across Hyde Park?
- I (climb) a tree.
- That's (not, be) any use. The tiger (climb) after you.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-16; Просмотров: 453; Нарушение авторских прав?;