Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
Exercise 13 Read five different statements. All of these are ways of dealing with conflict. Match each statement with one of the following strategies.
Dealing with conflict
Exercise 12 Read the text below. How many ways are suggested to reduce conflict in a negotiation? Suggest your own ways to avoid conflict. Entitle the text.
Conflict may sometimes be an unavoidable step on the road towards agreement. However, in some cases conflict leads to the breakdown of negotiations as one or both sides realize that agreement is not possible. In many cased this is better than agreeing to something which would be against the interests of the people concerned.
When conflict arises, there are several possible actions which may help to resolve conflict in a negotiation:
· leave the problem, go on to a different topic and return later to the point at issue
· summarize progress and areas of agreement
· emphasize the benefits available to both sides
· emphasize the loss to both sides of not reaching agreement
· restate the issue and wait for a response
· change the package
· invent the options for mutual gain
· offer conditional concessions
· adjourn to think and reflect
· set up an off-the-record meeting
· change location
· change negotiator (personal chemistry?)
· bring in a third party (mediator?)
· consider walking away.
1) Adjourn to think and reflect.
2) Summarise progress and areas of agreement.
3) Leave the problem, discuss something else, come back later to the problem.
4) Emphasise the loss to both sides of not reaching agreement.
5) Offer a conditional concession.
I think we’re not really making much progress. Perhaps it would be better to leave this point for a while and come back to it later. Could we talk about a different aspect to the deal, perhaps the question of delivery?
I think it is important to think about what could happen if we do not reach agreement. The most obvious consequence will be that we will both lose market share. The only winners will be our competitors. It could be serious for both of us.
There seem to be a number of problems, but I’d like to summarise the positive elements - issues where we have made progress. First, we agree that we have to settle the dispute between us, we understand how important this is. Second, we agree that the terms of our original agreement need to be changed. Third, we also agree that the change will depend on the different market conditions which affect our products ... These are important points of progress.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-23; Просмотров: 505; Нарушение авторских прав?;