Архитектура-(3434)Астрономия-(809)Биология-(7483)Биотехнологии-(1457)Военное дело-(14632)Высокие технологии-(1363)География-(913)Геология-(1438)Государство-(451)Демография-(1065)Дом-(47672)Журналистика и СМИ-(912)Изобретательство-(14524)Иностранные языки-(4268)Информатика-(17799)Искусство-(1338)История-(13644)Компьютеры-(11121)Косметика-(55)Кулинария-(373)Культура-(8427)Лингвистика-(374)Литература-(1642)Маркетинг-(23702)Математика-(16968)Машиностроение-(1700)Медицина-(12668)Менеджмент-(24684)Механика-(15423)Науковедение-(506)Образование-(11852)Охрана труда-(3308)Педагогика-(5571)Полиграфия-(1312)Политика-(7869)Право-(5454)Приборостроение-(1369)Программирование-(2801)Производство-(97182)Промышленность-(8706)Психология-(18388)Религия-(3217)Связь-(10668)Сельское хозяйство-(299)Социология-(6455)Спорт-(42831)Строительство-(4793)Торговля-(5050)Транспорт-(2929)Туризм-(1568)Физика-(3942)Философия-(17015)Финансы-(26596)Химия-(22929)Экология-(12095)Экономика-(9961)Электроника-(8441)Электротехника-(4623)Энергетика-(12629)Юриспруденция-(1492)Ядерная техника-(1748)
THE TOUR OPERATOR
PEOPLE IN TOURISM
- Have you ever travelled by plane?
- Yes, I have. / No, I haven't.
- When did you travel by plane last?
- I travelled a year ago.
- Where did you fly?
- I flew to England (America, Australia, the South, the Crimea, the Caucasus).
- How much time before the plane took off did you come to the airport?
- I came to the airport two hours before.
- What did you do when your flight was called?
- I went to the gate
- How long did it take you to reach your destination?
- It took me three hours and a half to get to England / nine hours to get to America / twenty-seven hours to get to Australia.
- Did you have a comfortable journey?
- Yes, I did. / No, I didn't
- Which papers should a traveller have when going abroad?
- A traveller should have his passport, a declaration and a ticket
- What do you think the flying time from Moscow to London is? from Moscow to New York? from Moscow to Sidney?
- It is about four hours to London, about nine hours to New York, and about twenty seven hours to Sydney.
- At what Moscow airport do planes from London land?
- At Sheremetjevo 2.
1... Moscow is situated on ... Moscow River. ... Moscow is a river that moves very slowly. There is ... canal called ... Moscow-Volga Canal which joins ... Moscow to ... Volga. ... Volga runs into ... Caspian Sea. 2. Several rivers run into ... sea at... New York. ... most important is ... Hudson River which empties into ... Atlantic Ocean, Besides ... Hudson there are ... two other rivers: ... East River and ... Harlem River. 3. In ... Siberia there are many long rivers: ... Ob, ... Irtysh, ... Yenissei, ... Lena and ... Amur. 4. ... Altai Mountains are ... higher than ... Urals. 5. There is ... splendid ... view of ... Lake Geneva from this hotel. 6. My ... friends have travelled a lot. This ... year they are going to fly to ... Canary Islands. 7. Which river flows through ... London? —... Thames. 8. Of which country is ... Washington ... capital? — ... United States. 9. ... United Kingdom consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 10. Chicago is on ... Lake Michigan.
7. Вставьте прилагательное в нужной форме:
The tour operator works in a tourist company. He develops tours also known as tour packages. Tour packages include transportation, accommodation, catering, transfers and other services.
To develop a tour package the tour operator works with transportation companies or carriers, hotels, restaurants, museums and other suppliers.
The tour operator usually markets the tours. He advertises them in mass media or in brochures.
The tour operator is a wholesaler. He sells tour packages to travel agents wholesale and pays commission to them. Sometimes he sells tour packages direct to public.
Tour operators organize tours, so they are the main producers in tourist industry.
THE TRAVEL AGENT
The travel agent works in a travel company. The travel agent like the shop-assistant sells goods to customers. The goods he offers are tour operator’s packages.
The travel agent is a retailer. He sells tour packages retail to the customers. The commission is from 5 to 10per cent of the tour cost.
The travel agent also sells separate services. They are flights, hotel rooms, sightseeing tours, car rentals, travel insurances and so on. The travel agent works directly with the public.
Travel agents sell tours, so they are the main sellers in tourist industry.
THE TOURISM MANAGER
The tourism manager works in a tourist company. He runs some tourist business. He supervises all kinds of operations in a tourist company. He also supervises the tourist company staff.
Sometimes the tourism manager is just the head of some department in a large tourist company: a sales department or a public relations department. Then he reports to the general manager.
The tourism manager plans the tourist business: operations, new products, profits. He controls the results.
In a travel company – a tour operator or in a travel agency – the tourism manager decides on development and promotion of new tour packages, advertising and sales. He also decides on prices and discounts.
The tourism manager hires employees.
THE TOUR GUIDE
The tour guide handles tour groups. He shows tourists round a city, a sight, or a museum. The tour guide conducts sightseeing tours or tours of museums and exhibitions. The tour guide is also called the tour conductor.
The tour guide accompanies tourists during a local tour or during the whole travel. He or she caters to the needs of tourists. During a travel the tour guide deals with all the problems.
The tour guide speaks the language of the tourists perfectly well. He or she usually translates well from one language into another.
The tour guide knows a lot on history, geography, art and culture. He or she knows all sights in the destination. The tour guide answers a lot of questions.
The tour guide is an easy-going person. Tourists always tip their guides if they like them.
The animator organizes and provides entertainments for guests in a hotel or a holiday resort. He also organizes entertainment programmes for passengers on a cruise ship.
The animator organizes and conducts parties, shows, sports or arts contests, games for children and grown-ups. He involves guests in action: games and shows.
The chief animator is also called the social director. He communicates with guests a lot.
The animator speaks a few foreign languages. He communicates with guests in their native languages.
The animator not only speaks well. He is very artistic. He usually dances well, sings well and acts like an actor.
The animator is an easy-going person. He is a pretty good mixer.
The animator is the main entertainer in the tourist industry.
2. Задайте специальные вопросы:
1. He decides on prices and discounts because he is a tourism manager. (Who, Why)
2. They arrange entertainment programs because they are animators. (What, Why)
3. He is an experienced tour operator. (Who, What kind of...)
4. They are our new suppliers. (Who, What)
5. This tour operator pays us a 10 per cent commission. (Who, What]
6. Our tour operators develop new tours every season. (What, How often)
7. The booking agent handles bookings over the phone. (Who, How)
8. She is often away on business because she is a tour operator. (How often, Why)
9. You advertise your tour packages in mass media every month. (Where, When)
10. Travel agents always provide a travel insurance with the tour package. (Who, What kind of...)
11. They have customers every day. (When, How often)
12. The animator entertains passengers on a cruise ship. (Whom, Where)
1. The tour guide (to speak) a few foreign languages.
2. The guide (not to know) all the sights in our destination. She (not to be) a local guide.
3. How often you (to travel) on business?
4. You (to be) a ticket agent? - No, I (to be) a travel consultant.
5. The chief animator (to supervise) the staff of animators?
6. How tour operators (to sell) their tour packages?
7. Travel agents (not to develop) tour packages.
8. Your travel agency (to sell) separate services? - Yes, it (to do).But we (not to offer) car rentals.
9. Where you (to find) your customers?
10. Your travel consultant (to be) in the office? - No, he (not to be) in. He (to be) away on business.
11. Her friends (to be) guides or interpreters?
12. Her friends (to work) or (to study)?
4.Переведите на английский язык:
I. Менеджер туризма управляет туристской компанией. Он принимает решения о турах, ценах и скидках. Он управляет персоналом компании. Он не всегда находится в офисе. Он часто ездит по делам.
2. Я - гид-переводчик. Я не работаю в туристской компании. Я занимаюсь туристскими группами. Я провожу экскурсии. Я часто отвечаю на вопросы туристов. Я много перевожу с одного языка на другой.
3. Чем занимается туроператор? Где он работает? - Туроператор - главный роизводитель в индустрии туризма. Он работает с поставщиками и разрабатывает пакеты туров. Он реализует пакеты туров оптом. Иногда туроператор продает туры и розницу.
4. А кто такие аниматоры? Чем они занимаются? – Аниматоры организуют и проводят развлекательные программы. Они вовлекают гостей в действие. Аниматоры очень артистичны. Обычно они очень общительные люди. Они хорошо говорят на родном и иностранных языках.
5. Турагент не разрабатывает туры. Турагент продаст пакеты туров клиентам в розницу. Турагент также предлагает различные отдельные услуги. - Какие услуги предоставляет турагент? Турагент предоставляет билеты, экскурсии, аренду автомобилей, страховку.
5. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление Participle II:
1) Certain types of travellers excluded from the category of "tourist" are refugees, migrants, members of armed forces, diplomats, etc.
2) Basic definitions of tourism established at the United Nations were revised and updated at the World Tourism Organization.
3) Although equipped with up-to-date facilities all rooms are not comfortable.
4) A room separated into three areas is used as one function room.
5) When classified as same-day visitors, travellers spend the night on ship.
6) The economic impact of the international excursionist is very important to small isolated countries.
7) Designed and decorated in a typical Polynesian style, the hotel comprises 200 rooms.
8) Located just in the front of the beach, a club offers various kinds of facilities.
9) If tired we refuse to go for a walk.
Дата добавления: 2015-08-31; Просмотров: 3028; Нарушение авторских прав?;